“I do not understand, the worst restaurant I have ever been to!!!”
Review of Suzie's Soba

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Suzie's Soba
Ranked #832 of 2,037 Restaurants in Baltimore
Clarksville, Maryland
“I do not understand, the worst restaurant I have ever been to!!!”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I am a chef for over 30 years, I have never been so insulted by the lack of care and arrogants the staff displayed. In an honest review one should not say thing that are not true. The servise was "Rude" and there is no other way to describe it. We waited 15 minutes before anyone even acknowledged us, wow Really? Try going to a restaurant and not having a word said to you for 15 minutes. If I could give a ZERO for service I would.

There was an open kitchen, when one has this one should refrain from talking bad especially when putting down two tables who just left, we heard everything. Not only is if just wrong but it shows our real colors it was on a Friday evening. 7-8 people in a restaurant not a good sign in this business.

The food seemed to be not fresh, thin since we had soup and the only flavor was from the seasoned cabbage called kimchi. I Sam no visible signs of anything but cabbage, rice noodles and red broth.

I just do not want anyone else to waste there money formthe most average, very expensive food with the poorest servise. In this world we must care about each other. The owner never saw me before and it could have Ben an opportunity fora new co tinting customer.

Please do not visit the owner and waitress need an realization that servise is the most important thing tied with the freshness ness and quality of the food. Those 3 things failed.
I really can't believe the 5 STARS someone gave were real, honest.

Also the chairs were uncomfortable table were kind of sticky and chop sticks did not match, period!

• Visited December 2012

Baltimore, Maryland
“Bland food, very poor service”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

It was over rated and over priced. I travel all over the world to find the best noodle shop. This is one of the worse one. The waitress was very rude, when she found out that we only ordered one dish. We already had dinner, just wanted to have soup noodle (Yook Gae Jang) to warm us in the cold winter night. There was hardly any beef in the soup, and soup taste very bland with kimchi. The owner and waitress were critiquing their customers in the open kitchen, which we can hear everything. They assumed that we don't understand Korean, and they can speak whatever they want. We will never go back to this place. What the waste of money and time. It was Friday night with less than 10 people in the restaurant. That should be the sign of not dinning there.

• Visited December 2012
Baltimore
“Hampden charm, Delicious Food”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

This place is very cozy, and you'll often find Suzie at the front of the house greeting customers.

Likes:
*Varied, Delicious Dishes
*Fresh Produce
*Blueberry Ginger drink is amazing
*Weird Decor screams Hampden
*Suzy is quite the character and often weighs in on your order

Dislikes
*Suzy is quite the character and often weighs in on your order (i know its listed under both!)

Visited September 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great Asian fusion”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

This place is great for a date or going out for a special occasion. The food is not spectacularly specialized (for example, the pho - a famously delicate dish - is not incredible, but it's good), but given the range of asian countries represented on the menu, it's pretty good. The back courtyard is awesome for nice weather, and the surly Korean mother who runs the restaurant and cooks completes it (though she is rather rude to her hired help).

• Visited May 2012
“Best restaurant food in Hamden period top five in Baltimore.”
Reviewed November 9, 2011

Neo Korean cuisine created by an inspired cook. Suzie has come up with a menu that delights those looking for authentic tastes while not offending the senses of those that do not. No kimchee for example BUT try her spicy Nappa salad, every bit as good as kimchee without the smell or fermentation. This is top three in Baltimore IMO right up there with the Woodberry Kitchen. Although this is your whole in the walll storefront version. Not cheap though, all fresh ingredients prepared when you order.

1 Thank jazzmoonblue

Been to Suzie's Soba? Share your experiences!