“Fresh-and-tasty hole-in-the-wall cafe”

Cuisines: Thai
Neighborhood: Mount Vernon
Neighborhood: Mount Vernon
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I expected an "interpretation" of Thai food, based on the name. What one might get if one was limited by ingredients outside Thailand. Lunch-counter ambience, but that's fine. I wasn't into pretentious, that night.
We had Mussaman curry and a couple soups (both very good, but quite different from what we get in California), plus a squid dish. Lots of fresh broccoli in everything, and it was quite tasty. Very good Thai iced tea. The one reason they get three stars, not four, is that there seemed to be a lot more salt in the dishes than I would have preferred, and the sauces were watery, rather than thick. Still, I found everything quite reasonable, and the price was right.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

I ordered the shrimp Panang curry. The portion was small, the curry was watery, there were just three not-very-large shrimps, and the rice was soggy. Should have gone to the Subway across the street!

Reviewed June 10, 2012

Thairish gets the staples right. Not fancy, but solid for Thai comfort takeout.

Reviewed March 18, 2012

My niece that lived locally took us here and we weren't sure what to order, so we followed her suggestion and got the shrimp pad thai and another dish that had red curry sauce and shrimp and rice. Wow! Made to order, fresh, and reasonably priced. And you must get the Thai Iced Tea!

Reviewed January 14, 2012

Not sue what people are thinking, but this place has great Thai food. Depending on your taste, either the Masaman or Panang are the way to go. The Pad Thai is also very good. I have been going to this plea since 1996 and Kerrigan has always made grab food. The portions are a nice size. I have taken dozens of friends here and not one has said they don't think the place has the best food on the planet.