“Excellent neighborhood French bistro” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Petit Louis Bistro

Petit Louis Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Petit Louis Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 1,999 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: French, European
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Upland Street
Description: Tony Foreman and Cindy Wolf’s uptown eatery features classic French Bistro fare, an extensive, award winning French wine list & a lively Parisian atmosphere.
Baltimore
“Excellent neighborhood French bistro”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2014

I've been to Petit Louis several times and I took my husband for the first time. I fell in love with the restaurant the first time I went - I loved the look, the ambiance, the service, the food - and I wanted my husband to feel the same way. We ended up going on Napoleon's birthday, which involved diners wearing barets, the wait staff wearing striped t-shirts, and the sommelier dressing like Napoleon himself. I found it charming; my husband not so much. I convinced him to stay and give it a try. It did not disappoint. We shared the tureen of foie gras and both had the steak frites. They were both fantastic. We also shared several cheeses for dessert. Each was better than the last. Finally, the selection of wines and beers was impeccable. I highly, highly recommend Petit Louis to anyone who lives in Baltimore or is visiting Baltimore.

• Visited August 2014

Henderson, Nevada
“Noisy but good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014

Located in a 100+ year old building, the restaurant is somewhat noisy. Not the place for a quiet dinner. Service was excellent and attentive, without being intrusive. The food was well prepared and delicious.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank EJWaits
Baltimore, Maryland
“NEW Columbia Maryland location.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

A wonderful addition to Howard County. This lovely new restaurant with a stunning view of Lake Kittamaqundi in Columbia brings a lovely "non-chain restaurant" choice to residents of Columbia and those in neighboring communities and Baltimore. This restaurant has only been open for a couple of months. We went there for Sunday Brunch. I had a tasty spinach omelet. The sides offered included a specialty mushroom dish that was excellent. Great and soothing décor, knowledgeable wait staff. A good experience. I saw plates heaped with waffles, strawberries and whipped cream - more traditional brunch food. Also try the pastries. There is a separate small shop for pastries and coffee. Priced right. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited June 2014
Alexandria, VA
“Traditional French”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

We finally tried out this restaurant and enjoyed our dinner there. We ordered the omelette and the steak frites.

• Visited March 2014
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Fairly good for me; not up to par for spouse”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014

We visited Petit Louis Bistro to celebrate my son's college graduation. It was a very busy lunchtime, with other families and large groups also celebrating similar events. The restaurant decor is the traditional French bistro style, and service was attentive and fairly quick. I ordered the smoked salmon Gravlox as a starter with the Quiche Lorraine as my main course. Both were very good and the quiche was exceptional. My husband ordered the steak frites medium rare. He was disappointed when the steak arrived overcooked (especially by French standards) and rather on the thin side. The waiter was quick to have the steak replaced, and it did arrive closer to medium rare the second time around. However, his frites were very greasy and it appears that they simply dropped them in the fryer to warm them up rather than getting him fresh fries. It's really too bad because it left him with a bad impression of the restaurant and fries are about the cheapest thing they could have replaced to improve our opinion. Because we were celebrating we didn't want to spoil our lunch, so we didn't voice a complaint about the fries. For dessert I ordered the creme brulee. This was also disappointing as the sugar on top was burned from overheating. No good French restaurant would have let that happen. I realize that they were terribly busy that day but I expected better.

Visited May 2014