“Not what I expected!”

Cuisines: Italian
Neighborhood: Little Italy
Neighborhood: Little Italy
Reviewed June 9, 2009

We went to this restaurant because we had two small children with us. The first thing that hit me when we walked in was the smell! I restaurant hasn't been remodeled in 50 years. Old everything, thus the smell. The food was just ok, rather bland sauce. And believe me, it's not cheap. My daughter entree(which was a special) was $30. Was really disappointed as I was looking forward to a really good Italian meal!

Reviewed May 3, 2009

Excellen Italian food w delicate sauces and flavors; homemade ravioli and stuffed veal were amazing. Even better was Rocco and his staff...we were in Baltimore for a conference and had our 4 year old and 6 month old with us. we found out quicly that thinking Italian restaurants would be family friendly was wrong (at Gia's they initially said they'd take us withiut a reservation and when they saw the kids they said they were booked and did not offer a wait time). so we wandered around w similar stories until we saw kids coming out of Rocco's Capriccio, so we figured we'd try there. Rocco (we did not know it was him at the time) greeted us and I explained we did not have reservations and had 2 kids. He disappeared for a moment and a waiter promptly returned and took us upstairs. Although clearly this is not a kid oriented place (darker ambiance, older restaurant, china and glasses), they went out of their way to serve us. They accomodated off-the menu request of linguine w meathballs for a 4 year-old (sauce was amazing by-the way). and though a bit pricey our food was worth every penny. Rocco greeted us again outside and was pleasant as can be.

1  Thank foodfanatica
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed December 17, 2008

best italian in little italy, rocco is chef/owner and usually there most weekend nights to greet patrons

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed November 30, 2008

We were here last night; this is our second trip to Rocco's and we enjoy it so much......not only is the food superb, the staff is wonderful; friendly and helpful without rushing you.
My husband, who is a true Italian food snob, declared the stuffed veal some of the best he's ever had....I had the seafood pasta (Frutti del Mar?) which was also wonderful.
The restaurant itself is small and only seats about 30 people tops. The ambiance is a bit dark and intimate; it puts you in mind of a small Italian restaurant you might encounter in New York.
Great food and service comes at a price--Rocco's is not cheap. This is the "once a year" place we like to go to for a special meal.

1  Thank lisacmaryland