“Gem of Little Italy”

Dalesio's Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 2,089 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighborhood: Little Italy
Reviewed August 11, 2013

My wife and I dined at Dalesio's on Saturday evening, our first visit here and also to Baltimore's Inner Harbor and Little Italy areas. We discovered an intimate.and authentic Italian Restaurant like the ones we knew from New York's Little Italy. There are 3 or 4 dining rooms, and we dined in the original room ( pre-expansion ) that had 6 to 8 tables and a small bar in a cozy setting. The food was nicely presented, well prepared and was truly delicious. We shared an order of garlic bread, a house salad and Chicken Parmesan with a side of pasta. . .all were fantastic. A medium bodied Chianti set the meal off nicely. 2 great desserts and coffee finished off the meal in a perfect way. I highly recommend the canoli. Paul Oliver, Owner, circulated throughout the room not just to stop by but genuinely to welcome each guest and talk. He spent 15 minutes with 1 couple at an adjacent table. From the warm conversation we assumed that these were long time regular customers. No, they were first time visitors just as we were. Paul also spent approx. 10 to 15 minutes talking with my wife and I after our meal, and made us feel like long lost friends. If you want a classy dining experience, with delicious food, great atmosphere and ambiance, friendly wait staff, and an Owner who genuinely welcomes and values each customer . . . go to Delasio's !

1  Thank John H

Reviewed August 11, 2013

My husband and I had an amazing dinner at Dalesio's. This lovely and quaint restaurant is nestled in the heart of Little Italy...a short stroll across the viaducts from the Inner Harbor or a hop, skip and a jump from the Marriott and Four Seasons Hotels. You can wear a suit or Bermuda shorts and feel equally comfortable, We started our dinner with an amazing bottle of wine and a plate of golden, crispy delicious calamari! The marinara sauce served on the side was fresh and robust just like my Nana used to make for Sunday dinners when I was a little girl. We chose the crab cake, which was full of fresh lump crabmeat and grilled to perfection. My husband ordered the veal Bolognese sauce with pasta and I opted for the Bolognese sauce made with ground chicken; Both were outstanding! The staff was friendly, courteous and attentive. Many restaurants leave you feeling full, but Dalesio's will leave you feeling fulfilled! We are already planning our next trip to Baltimore and dinner at Dalesio's.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

I can't understand how this restaurant can have such a high rating. Perhaps the people have never actually eaten Italian food? Incredibly bland, and as another reviewer wrote, my fish seemed to have been microwaved from a previous day. The "lump crab" seemed more like artificial chunks of some unknown fish. The next day I still feel sick. What a total disappointment. This makes me quite unsure of any other reviews.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

We got the recommendation from tripadvisor and we weren't disappointed. Claims casino and insalata umbria excellent appetizers; shrimp scampi with crabmeat and chicken marsala both awesome. Wife usually only has one drink and her white zin spritzer was so good she had two. Will definitely go back.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Our last day in Baltimore, we parked in Little Italy. Doug, the very friendly owner of the lot, recommended Dalesio's for dinner. We're glad he did. The restaurant had a cozy atmosphere, our waiter Eric was friendly, attentive, and professional. Every part of the meal was delicious, from the ravioli appetizer, the salad, my shrimp and scallop Marsala, my wife's chicken parmesan, and the cannoli for dessert. If you visit Little Italy at Inner Harbor, we highly recommend this restaurant.