“Elegance, welcome, excellent fare!”

Dalesio's Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 2,089 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighborhood: Little Italy
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Beautiful setting, perfectly appointed but so comfortable-interesting menu selections -spa food for those who do not want all the calories-friendly welcoming owner-never disappointing!

Reviewed May 25, 2012

The only reason I am not giving this 5 stars is because we went for lunch and not dinner so I do not know how dinner is there. But lunch is great! It was empty when we walked around Little Italy and got there around 2:30pm. The server was very polite and attentive and explained the lunch menu. I got the Chicken Bolognese, which was AMAZING! It came with bread as well. Lunch was a very affordable meal. I wish it would have come with a small side salad. The portion was large for lunch and I could not finish it but the meal was really good. I definitely recommend!

Reviewed May 23, 2012

My husband and I ate here last Sunday night, looking for decent food and good service close to the Homewood Suites. Little Italy was very quiet; we were seated without a wait in the small downstairs dining room. Only one 8-top in the room; many people ate on the 2nd story balcony (lovely 80 degree night.) We chose indoors and liked the relaxed but elegant atmosphere. White table linens, dark wood, table lamp with a real candle, tables spaced nicely.Service was warm and attentive but not annoyingly so. The menu isn't extensive but with a decent selection of pastas, meat and seafood selections.We started with fried calamari, and a tomato and fresh mozzarella plate. The calamari was lightly breaded and seasoned, but a little overly chewy. A sauceboat of hot, fresh-tasting marinara came with it and the order was large enough for 3 or 4 (we managed to eat all of it anyway.) Our waiter very kindly split the mozzarella and tomato starter into 2 plates without being asked; with butter lettuce and other fresh greens, artichoke hearts, fresh basil and a simple olive oil and fresh-ground pepper "dressing," it constituted a small but decent salad course when shared (salads are ala carte otherwise.) The mozzarella was fresh and although not as delicate as I've had elsewhere, was still creamy and good. The tomatoes, alas, were what we'd typically get in New England mid-winter - nice to look at, but woody and tasteless.Toasted Italian bread was served with the meal (our waiter suggested garlic bread - for an upcharge - but brought the complimentary bread promptly and without regret.) I ordered a special, veal bolognese on linguini. The sauce was rich and full of flavor, with very finely ground veal, carrots, celery and subtle herbs. It tasted like it had simmered for hours, with a touch of cream added before serving to give it a creamy richness. The linguini was perfectly al dente. The portion was very generous and even after eating like a starving animal, I still took half of it home. My husband's scampi di mare (mixed seafood pasta) was a mixed success; scallops were tender and fresh - he wished there had been more than just two - and the mussels, clams and calamari were cooked well, in a tasty olive oil, garlic and herb sauce that wasn't too heavy on oil. The shrimp, however, had a metallic, unpleasant taste that farm-raised shrimp sometimes have, which didn't ruin the dish as a whole but put his meal in the B minus range. The dessert tray looked enticing but we opted out. The house chianti was very good - more body than usual house Italian wines. Overall we were very happy with the service, the upscale but warm atmosphere and the meals. With entrees in the $20-25 range, it's a good value for a "white linen"-type place. We'd definitely return.

Reviewed May 13, 2012

I have been in food business for over
30 years and have experienced many
different food. This meal was exceptional. Staff polite and attentive.
Wonderful experience.

Reviewed May 12, 2012

It was our last day in Baltimore and we were looking for some REAL Italian food in Little Italy. My wife is Italian. After long consideration we decided to get to Dalesio's. When we got there (7pm on Saturday) the place was empty! My wife tried to get me out of there but I showed her the nice reviews on this restaurant and convinced her to stay (It was a big, rather a huge mistake).

We got some water and asked for straws and got the cocktail one! Before ordering we got some bread and this had more resemblance with the Wal-Mart bread than with any Italian bread.

The fried calamari was OK they were over-spiced but eatable. My wife ordered filled pasta that in Italy are pretty small she was shocked that she got two huge ravioli well dipped in some red souse that has nothing to do with Italian cuisine. I got a crab cake with penne; the pasta was overcooked and the cake was of D grade.

We would not recommend this place, even if stuff is extremely friendly, chief is killing all their work by cooking terribly.

2  Thank Victor B