“Love Los Amigos”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
baltimore maryland
“Love Los Amigos”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2011

My husband and I decided on Los aAmigos because we were looking fo something lite and authentic. Los Amigos has it. Upon being
Seated we were given end the traditional chips and salsa which were tasty. We ordered the ceviche de pescado fish ceviche. OMG..delicious. it. Was thin slices of white fish with thin slices of red onions along wih a cut of sweet potato. The fish was Fresh and no fishy at all. Great o file have had 3 servings. I had the mole rancheros and hubby had the streak and shrimp fajitas. The food was fresh and np laiden with salt or fat. We enjoys he live music who sang whatever song came to mind as he played his guitar. Very nice place.

Baltimore, MD
“Big portions but I wasn't full”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2009

I wasn't full because I couldn't eat it. Do you ever wonder if the regular chef was off for the night and you happened to get the crappy stand in?

Sadly there was nothing redeeming about our visit. The seating was extremely uncomfortable (rolling chairs on linoleum floors). The food had very little taste. Salsa was just OK. It was probably the best thing we had but was also disappointing. Rice was flavorless.

Seated right away. Service was quick and friendly. Prices are reasonable for the volume of food.

1 Thank stimply
Maryland
“Decor great, food not so much”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2009

I went to Los Amigos last night. The decor is great, looks like it's been remodeled recently and is very nicely done, so it's a shame they didn't work on the menu also. The food was not very good. The chips were cold and tasted stale to me. My enchiladas were basically plain chicken wrapped in a corn tortilla with a little enchilada sauce on top. They definitely needed more spice. The beans were almost soupy. If it had been cheap I could understand, but their prices are comparable to La Palapa in Ellicott City, which is the best Mexican restaurant in the Baltimore area. I won't be going back to Los Amigos.

2 Thank Manateesea
Baltimore, MD
“Do not got to Los Amigos if you're looking for good service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2009

First of all, my husband and I use to frequent Los Amigos quite often because of the good food and ambience. It use to be our favorite Mexican restaurant in Baltimore, but not anymore. We had not been in a few months and decided to have a romantic night out. Big mistake. The owner of the restaurant was our server and she obviously needs to hire additional servers because it took us so long to get any refills on margaritas or even water. Also, we were brought a refill basket of chips, but the chips must have been from another table because they were crushed up and we found a used birthday candle in the middle of them. It was disgusting and disappointing!

After my husband explained to the owner that we had basically been ignored for a long time she seemed sorry at first and then was really rude to us when she brought the check. Plus, she only omitted one margarita from the bill even though we pointed out the unsanitary basket of chips and explained how another server had to finally come help us because she had forgotten about us.

Please don't go to Los Amigos if you are looking for a nice evening out. The sad thing is the food is decent, but the service is horrendous. We won't be going back!

4 Thank Bamagirl123

Been to Los Amigos? Share your experiences!