“Good Food...and Bocce!”
Review of La Scala

La Scala
Reserve with OpenTable
La Scala is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 2,064 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Little Italy
Cross street: S. Central/Exeter
Transit: We offer a complimentary shuttle service to and from all downtown hotels.
Description: Chef owned and operated Italian casual fine dining restaurant located in historic Little Italy. Home of Baltimore's only indoor bocce ball court. We offer a complimentary shuttle to the surrounding area and in walking distance to Harbor East, Inner Harbor and Fells Point.
Reviewed March 26, 2014

We were a party of four and had a reservation and went right to our table on a busy weekday evening. Seems every day is busy and we know why. Our waiter was very gracious and took drink orders immediately which we appreciated. The chef/owner stopped by and chatted with us for several minutes. Very impressive and very personable. He took our orders, all customized, and checked back to make sure we were happy. The cheese and meat platter was followed by a homemade grilled Caesar Salad and our individual entrees. Born and raised Italian, I am tough on Italian restaurants and being a New Yorker, I can be a snob. But this was great! Mom was away so there were no cannoli's (ask when you get there), but George gives you a lift back to the hotel. Do not miss this jewel in Little Italy.

2  Thank Frank325

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Went on a Friday night with a party of 7.
The grilled octopus, recommended by the waiter, was awesome. The bruschetta and artichoke and crab were equally delicious. A few hiccups - my daughter wanted chicken piccata instead of veal. She was presented with 2 large chicken pieces instead of medallions - so it just wanted the same. They also don't serve pasta with any of their dishes - which we thought was odd - and if you get a side of pasta - it's penne with marinara. If you want something other than that - it's an up charge - really....for spaghetti. So while all of our meals were really delicious - we just thought the pasta thing a bit odd. Too full for dessert!

1  Thank crcfhrules
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Great restaurant in the Little Italy section in Baltimore. Nice quaint atmosphere, with good food and authentic Italian waiters.

1  Thank marc514
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Popped in here on a Friday night and they asked if we had a reservation... we didn't but opted to sit at a table next to the bar. Soooo glad we stayed. Food was Delicious. Everything was wonderful from the cocktails (prepared exactly as I asked) to the pasta a la vodka. And the Tiramisu and Limoncello were delightful. Everyone loved their meals. This is a DEFINITE return restaurant. They also have an indoor bocce ball court.

2  Thank CJMTraveler
Reviewed March 9, 2014

La Scala was yet another great stop in walking around Little Italy in Baltimore. If I'm back someday, I think I'd exclusively eat in this borough as everywhere I went was truly amazing. This is really some excellent Italian, and I enjoyed it thoroughly. I was by myself, and I really wish I had been with a few friends. Portions are very generous and would have loved to share my food/try some other things. Great place to check out for dinner.

Been to La Scala? Share your experiences!