“Awesome Meal!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of La Scala

La Scala
Reserve with OpenTable
La Scala is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 2,007 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Little Italy
Cross street: S. Central/Exeter
Transit: We offer a complimentary shuttle service to and from all downtown hotels.
Description: Chef owned and operated Italian casual fine dining restaurant located in historic Little Italy. Home of Baltimore's only indoor bocce ball court. We offer a complimentary shuttle to the surrounding area and in walking distance to Harbor East, Inner Harbor and Fells Point.
massachusetts
“Awesome Meal!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

I came here for the first time on a business trip. This was the best meal of my trip. I enjoyed everything from the service, atmosphere and the food. We even played a game of Bocce. The only stightly negative thing I could possibly say is their Cannolis were just ok. However I am picky about my cannolis. I would definately recommend this restaurant and will be back next time I am in town.

• Visited January 2014

• Turkish first
Sykesville, Maryland
“outstanding meal at La Scala”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

First time eating at La Scala but won't be the last! The food and service were both fantastic. We started with an artichoke with crab meat and caper appetizer that was ver good. I had a stuffed veal chop that waas stuffed with prosciuttoand fontina cheese. It was huge and i hardly finish it and tasted fantastic. My wife got a trio of filet, shrimp, and veal scallopini which was excellent as well. Our server Jose was great as was everyone else from the host to the bartenders. While not inexpensive the food, atmosphere, and service are worth the price for a special occassion dinner!!!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Mark_Lisa41396
Woodbine, Maryland
“Bocci court in the restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

I've eaten dinner at La Scala twice and each time was delighted. The staff is professional, the wine list superb and you can schedule the bocci court for a before or after dinner challenge.

Mobile, Alabama
“The best meal and personal touch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

I wasn't happy the last time I ate here but boy did they redeem themselves. Grandma was there and was as sweet as any owner could be. I told her I wanted something that was not a special tonight. A few minutes later Nino( the head chef ) came out and told me he would prepare it for me. Wow, rockfish with jumbo lump crabmeat on top is "The Bomb"! I really appreciate the kindness and special treatment! Thank you !

Galena, Illinois
“A Little bit of Italy - Phenomenal!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

Okay, so some of the reviews were a bit wishy-washy, so we weren't all that sure, but they offered a shuttle pick-up at our hotel, so we bit on the offer and decided to take a chance. That was only the beginning of a very, very good experieupnce. George, the shuttle driver, was not only informative, but entertaining. He was the set up man for LaScala. When we arrived, John was (momentarily) preoccupied, so George stepped in without missing a beat and welcomed us and handed us our menus. (Nice touch.)

We each picked a special of the night, my wife an encrusted Chilean Sea Bass that was totally outstanding. I picked the Veal & Shrimp Baltimore. Before going on, I've got to admit that we were Veal farmer at one time, so we know good veal, how to raise it, how to prepare it, and how to enjoy it. Tonight, even before I cut into it, just by touching it with my fork, I recognized that it was prepared properly. After tasting it, I practically swooned. Only in my own kitchen has I tasted something this good. I would go so far as to say, their veal is selected to be the very best, and their chef knows how to prepare it, regardless of the entre. On this, you cannot go wrong.

Now, the topper; a couple of evenings ago, we "enjoyed" an evening at another restaurant in Baltimore that cost us a few dollars more, yet we had no appetizer and one fewer drinks. And, the consistency of quality wasn't there. Look no further. This is the place if you enjoy really good food at a good value with excellent service.

Visited January 2014

Been to La Scala? Share your experiences!