“This restaurant is AMZING!”
Review of La Scala

La Scala
Reserve with OpenTable
La Scala is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 2,089 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Little Italy
Cross street: S. Central/Exeter
Transit: We offer a complimentary shuttle service to and from all downtown hotels.
Description: Chef owned and operated Italian casual fine dining restaurant located in historic Little Italy. Home of Baltimore's only indoor bocce ball court. We offer a complimentary shuttle to the surrounding area and in walking distance to Harbor East, Inner Harbor and Fells Point.
Reviewed December 16, 2013

This was by far the best tasting Italian food I've ever tasted. When I went there I asked our waiter what was awesome there and had him order for me. He brought me the stuffed veal chop, and lobster and crab over penne pasta for my guest. Also the Caesar salad was to die for. I can't say enough about my dinner here tonight

Reviewed December 15, 2013

Absolutely awesome food; well worth the price! Everything from appetizers to dessert were so so good. Luscious marinara, but the chef wouldn't reveal his recipe. Every thing was cooked to perfection.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

We try to get here once a year-- it's a hike for us but always worth it. The old school decor is warm and inviting, as is the greeting received from the lovely young woman at the front of the house. The food and beverages, from start to finish, are wonderfully prepared, carefully presented and delicious. The wait staff is well trained and well informed. And the prices are very reasonable for an urban restaurant. We'll be back again next year.......

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Not really my cup of tea. Decor needs to be updated; food was average. I'm more into local, farm to table stuff, which an Italian restaurant can do, but this one does not.
I ordered the Pasta Carbonara, it was more like Pasta Alfredo with an over easy egg on top. I was expecting a raw yolk on top and a lot of black pepper, no alfredo. This tells me that their eggs are not fresh enough to be served raw.
On a good note - an error was made with our cheese and meat plate and they took it off our bill. Good Service!
I was excited about the indoor bocce court, but that was also dated.
Overall, it did not compare to anything my grandmother made me. I don't need fancy; I just need delicious.

1  Thank dawnanddiego
Reviewed November 26, 2013

This is the best Italian restaurant in Baltimore, by far. It's not inexpensive but it's worth every penny of the price. The restaurant is family owned by some of the nicest people I have ever met. And if you like a good happy hour, get to the bar between 4 and 7pm. The drinks and appetizers are all around $5-$6 and are terrific. This place is perfection!

Been to La Scala? Share your experiences!