“Great Italian Restaurant”
Review of La Scala

La Scala
Reserve with OpenTable
La Scala is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 2,055 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Little Italy
Cross street: S. Central/Exeter
Transit: We offer a complimentary shuttle service to and from all downtown hotels.
Description: Chef owned and operated Italian casual fine dining restaurant located in historic Little Italy. Home of Baltimore's only indoor bocce ball court. We offer a complimentary shuttle to the surrounding area and in walking distance to Harbor East, Inner Harbor and Fells Point.
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I was part of a large group that ate at La Scala recently, and everyone raved about the food. The service was impeccable, and as an added bonus, you can play Bocce while you are waiting for your table. Our group shared a large plate of scallops wrapped in bacon that were simply outstanding.

There are newer reviews for La Scala

Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

We went with the family and everyone enjoyed everything, appetizers, main, dessert and wine. The Veal chop and the veal saltimbocca were delicious. I'm not a big fan of Italian wine but the selection was decent and we found a nice chianti . The profiteroles and the cannoli were the best part according to the little ones. Overall a great experience

Reviewed April 28, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed a meal here recently. It is cozy restaurant but can be a little noisy. We were seated upstairs. Downstairs is the bar and the bocce court. we started with caprese and a grilled Caesar salad. The caprese wes excellent. I thought the Ceasar tasted a little dry from the grilling as opposed to a traditional cold one. My wife chose spaghetti Bolognese and it was very good and a large portion. I had the Branzino (Mediterranean sea bass). It is a whole fish but the waiter removed the meat from the bones for me. It was very moist and flavorful. We shared a nice Chianti from their good wine list. The service was attentive and not rushed. We enjoyed the dinner and would return if we are in Baltimore again.

Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

We loved this restaurant. The mozzarella with tomato, the chicken Rafael's and desert (hazelnut cannoli) were uniformly excellent. Service was as good as the food

Reviewed April 24, 2013

This place is just great! First, when we asked our Hotel to get a cab, and they heard we were going to La Scala, they told us about their pick up service so they called La Scala and in five minutes their van was picking us up! When we walked into the restaurant, it has a real classy, but local feel, with a nice bar along the left, and a bocci ball court down to the right! Felt much more "local" than many of the more touristy places in Little Italy. So far so good! We were seated upstairs in a nice alcove with a few other tables. We had plenty of room with nice ambiance, and were met by our waiter in short order for a round of drinks. He explaiined the specials which made ordering difficult, given some good choices!

Our son had a grilled Caesar, and my wife and I split a shrimp scampi over linguine to start. I had the baked grouper special that was to die for...fresh, moist and crunchy on the outside served over a bed of garlic spinach. My wife had the veal marsala which she raved about, and our Son had large shrimp over pasta with a light creme sauce with old bay seasoning (which he loves.) We enjoyed a nice bottle of Montpulciano red wine and the two of them each had a canoli (I was stuffed.) The bill was reasonable. The waiter was a very nice and efficient guy, sort of resembled someone out of the Godfather movie. This place was the best Italian place we can remember in the States, including North Beach (San Francisco's little Italy) and NYC's Little Italy. Just great! And afterwards they offered to give us a lift back to our Hotel. That was the icing on the cake!

2  Thank Big Hugo

Been to La Scala? Share your experiences!