“Enjoyable italian meal”
Review of La Scala

La Scala
Reserve with OpenTable
La Scala is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 2,054 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Little Italy
Cross street: S. Central/Exeter
Transit: We offer a complimentary shuttle service to and from all downtown hotels.
Description: Chef owned and operated Italian casual fine dining restaurant located in historic Little Italy. Home of Baltimore's only indoor bocce ball court. We offer a complimentary shuttle to the surrounding area and in walking distance to Harbor East, Inner Harbor and Fells Point.
Reviewed April 28, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed a meal here recently. It is cozy restaurant but can be a little noisy. We were seated upstairs. Downstairs is the bar and the bocce court. we started with caprese and a grilled Caesar salad. The caprese wes excellent. I thought the Ceasar tasted a little dry from the grilling as opposed to a traditional cold one. My wife chose spaghetti Bolognese and it was very good and a large portion. I had the Branzino (Mediterranean sea bass). It is a whole fish but the waiter removed the meat from the bones for me. It was very moist and flavorful. We shared a nice Chianti from their good wine list. The service was attentive and not rushed. We enjoyed the dinner and would return if we are in Baltimore again.

There are newer reviews for La Scala

Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

We loved this restaurant. The mozzarella with tomato, the chicken Rafael's and desert (hazelnut cannoli) were uniformly excellent. Service was as good as the food

Reviewed April 24, 2013

This place is just great! First, when we asked our Hotel to get a cab, and they heard we were going to La Scala, they told us about their pick up service so they called La Scala and in five minutes their van was picking us up! When we walked into the restaurant, it has a real classy, but local feel, with a nice bar along the left, and a bocci ball court down to the right! Felt much more "local" than many of the more touristy places in Little Italy. So far so good! We were seated upstairs in a nice alcove with a few other tables. We had plenty of room with nice ambiance, and were met by our waiter in short order for a round of drinks. He explaiined the specials which made ordering difficult, given some good choices!

Our son had a grilled Caesar, and my wife and I split a shrimp scampi over linguine to start. I had the baked grouper special that was to die for...fresh, moist and crunchy on the outside served over a bed of garlic spinach. My wife had the veal marsala which she raved about, and our Son had large shrimp over pasta with a light creme sauce with old bay seasoning (which he loves.) We enjoyed a nice bottle of Montpulciano red wine and the two of them each had a canoli (I was stuffed.) The bill was reasonable. The waiter was a very nice and efficient guy, sort of resembled someone out of the Godfather movie. This place was the best Italian place we can remember in the States, including North Beach (San Francisco's little Italy) and NYC's Little Italy. Just great! And afterwards they offered to give us a lift back to our Hotel. That was the icing on the cake!

2  Thank Big Hugo
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Very Slow service. Avoid the specials as I had veal special which I agreed to based on the waitor's rave opinion (my fault indeed) which was all bone, much fat, surrounded by mushrooms in a tasty sauce. Not even close to being worth the $36 price. Shouldve gotten a safer Italian mainstay. Wine lovers will like this place as they have a huge diverse selection but that's not my area of concern or expertise. Popular place, crowded on a Saturday, but I'd do better at the restaurants in the heart of Little Italy.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I visited and dined at three different highly rated restaurants in Baltimore's Little Italy and finally chose La Scala because the three each lacked an important element for a party. La Scala delivered. The food, wine, service, décor, ambience, and general comfort level was perfect.