“Great neighborhood Italian place”
Review of La Scala

La Scala
Reserve with OpenTable
La Scala is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 2,049 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Little Italy
Cross street: S. Central/Exeter
Transit: We offer a complimentary shuttle service to and from all downtown hotels.
Description: Chef owned and operated Italian casual fine dining restaurant located in historic Little Italy. Home of Baltimore's only indoor bocce ball court. We offer a complimentary shuttle to the surrounding area and in walking distance to Harbor East, Inner Harbor and Fells Point.
Seattle Washington, USA
“Great neighborhood Italian place”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

This place is located in the heart of little Italy. The food was wonderful! Best calimari appitizer I think I've eaten in a long long time. Large place with private rooms for groups.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank glennmccully

• Turkish first
“Innovative, yet true to it's Italian roots.”
Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

Impeccable service with tasty delights to match. Unpretentious in its attention to detail, this restaurant caters to the palate with its creative spin on traditional Italian fare. We began our meal with a generous serving of tender Calamari and an order of artichoke with crab and capers. Our dinners included a simple gnocchi with pesto, a melt in your mouth grilled butterfly veal chop, a buttery rockfish with crab, and another delightful scallopini veal dish. Not one complaint from either of my two teenagers. The only disappointment was that there was no room for desert or the amazing Italian meats and cheese menu presented before dinner. If going again, we would definitely plan on a leisurely dinner where we could pace ourselves to allow a little more variety in our dinner with a few more courses. Certainly not an option with two impatient teens. I loved the detail which can only be attributed to the pride the chef/owner shows for his restaurant. From the crisp table linens, sealed menus, nice glassware and well trained table service we were very pleased and will return on our next visit to Baltimore. Next time, for date night.

1 Thank Shopnalot
Brooklyn, New York
“One of the best Italian restaurants I've ever eaten in plus a bocce court!”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

This restaurant is one of the best Italian meals I've ever eaten - EVER! Chef/owner Nino gives you a high quality meal in an authentic Italian tradition. The meal overwhelms you with quality, not quantity. It's filling without being too much. For me to rave about a simple dish like Chicken Abbruzzese like I am. it has to be out of this world. Authentic Italian food is about a few simple, but top quality, ingredients. He works the kitchen and still takes the time to greet his guests.

I'm of Italian descent and a foodie, so I know Italian food. As you know, New York City is home to some of the finest restaurants in the world and I've also dined all over Italy.,This food ranks with the best Italian eateries in the world.

The service is top notch. It has a romantic ambiance as well as being a nice place to bring the family for fine dining.

The Chocolate Martini is a great cocktail (I'm a beer and whiskey guy, I don't do cocktails). The bar is primo.

The only knock that I possibly can have on Nino is that he's a Juventus fan and I'm a Fiorentina fan (I really had to dig deep in my imagination for a negative to this restaurant). At least he doesn't root for A.C. Milan or InterMilan. 8D

I think that they're building an outdoor balcony for more tables (I hope).

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank MikeKieran
Downingtown, Pennsylvania, United States
“Nice spot for people watching”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We really had fun watching people from their outside balcony, and the food was incredibly delicious! We will return many more times.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Suzanne S
Ambler, Pennsylvania
“Overall great experience”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Wanted to try someplace we haven't been in Baltimore last weekend and we were dying for some great italian. La Scala was recommended by some friends.

I have had some very good Italian food in that town but have to put this place up at the top. The grilled Caesar salad was a really good start but honestly share it because can fill you up. We split a selection of cheese and meats choose based off of the recommendation from our waiter. Again, just a really good and large plate. We mixed in some garlic bread, it was very tasty and not at overbearing like many I have had.

On to the main course ... I selected a veal dish made with a preparation on the menu with chicken. They were happy to do it. It was the La Scala version with crab and artichoke. Fantastic ! Great flavor And you could cut it with a fork. The others in our group had pasta with lobster in a red sauce. Ravioli and a fish dish. All of us walked away very happy.

Paired with a great wine selction and awesome service from Carlos. Just a great experience. We will be back and this time not eat so much we can't play bocci ! We did get a chance to look around the wine room and now know they have hidden gems in there for us to try.

• Visited October 2012