“Always excellent”

Neighborhood: Downtown
Baltimore, Maryland
“Always excellent”
Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

Awesome spring rolls, black pepper chicken, shrimp, pad woo Sen, papaya salad, well everything! Friendly staff good service

Ocean City, Maryland
“Limited experience, but very good”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Stopped by this nice little place just by chance while walking by it and looking at the menu. We were just looking for a couple drinks and and appetizer or two, so we sat at the bar. It was around 6-ish and the place was rather quiet, and appeared to be a bit understaffed. But the waitress did come and get our order, and then another guy served our drinks. Anyway, it didn't matter. We ordered a chicken egg drop soup, and shrimp tempura. The soup was very tasty, with nice tender strips of chicken, corn, and lots of egg. It was actually quite hearty and filling, and had great flavor. The order of shrimp tempura was served with a sweet chili sauce which was delicious, and the tempura batter was crisp and flavorful. Paired with some hot Sake, this place made for a great starting point for a night of bar hopping. As the title suggest, I dont have a huge sample size to go off of, but the bit I did have would definitely make me want to return for more.

Visited January 2014
Elkridge, Maryland
“Food at newly renovated restaurant not as good”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I had lunch with my Thai friend on Friday and the restaurant was just newly renovated (they told me five months ago) and looks sleek and modern. It added a lot of sushi items (about half the menu.) However, the tom yum soup was greasy and didn't taste much lemon grass like it should. The shrimp in my entree were overcooked and tough. The green beans and Thai basil were flavorful. Overall, I was disappointed since this restaurant was always one of my favorite Thai restaurant in Baltimore. My friend, a Thai loves her Duck noodle soup she ordered. The Thai fried calamari was delicious though. Not sure if I'm as keen to return as I used to.

• Visited May 2013
Lawrenceville, New Jersey
“Hidden Treasure on Charles Street”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

This small but comfortable Thai restaurant was unassuming, but very very good. The dishes we ordered we both very fresh and extremely tasty. We were given the option to have our food spice from 1 to 6 chilis, and the wait staff help us select the appropriate level that matched our taste. Everything was great, don't miss this one.

Visited April 2013
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Spicy food upon request - yay!”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

My husband and I like some Thai dishes extremely spicy, but most restaurants won't make it this way even when we ask. (We're white, and I know the Caucasian-American and Asian definitions of "spicy" typically differ considerably, but it would be nice to get authentic food when I'm in the mood for it.) Not Ban Thai! They gave us a dish of different chili preparations with our meals so we could adjust the spice level accordingly - it turned out to be an amazing meal. Everything we ordered the three times we were there was wonderful, and if we still lived in the area we would be regulars. I remember it being pretty inexpensive, but the atmosphere is not as nice as other Mt. Vernon restaurants so it is priced accordingly. (That's okay - we were there for the food!)

• Visited May 2012