“Restaurant Week Choice”

Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Fells Point
Cross street: Broadway & Thames
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Great choice for Restaurant Week. Of course it was packed on this Thursday night of Restaurant Week. Three of us had reservations and were seated in a quiet, relaxing area upstairs. Service was a little slow since the waiter had so many tables and most were larger groups than us. He quickly took our drink and dinner orders but we sat awhile while others around us got their meals before we were served. It was the first time any of us had been there and we found many good food choices on the limited restaurant week menu. My appetizer was a fresh beet salad that was wonderful and everyone's favorite. My friends both got the crab cake & steak dinner which actually was not a crab cake but more like crab lumps in a sauce over steak. Both said it was very good although not what was expected. The steak melted in your mouth. I got the fresh fish which was excellent. The food was definitely wonderful -- but the service and atmosphere could be improved. The dark, old world (heavy wood, curtains, etc.) feel needs some updating as I found it to feel a little dowdy and claustrophic. With Baltimore having so many great "foodie" choices, this is one that I would recommend to anyone looking for good fine dining.

There are newer reviews for Kali's Court

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Kali's Court is one of 5 restaurant establishments managed in Fells Point District of Baltimore by the same owners. Sending their stretch limo to fetch us at our hotel in the Inner Harbor (RTrip) was only the novel beginning; this restaurant was all that the driver said it would be. 6 of us dined at a round table in the corner and we could actually hear one another speak. The service was impeccable and our group sampled everything: lamb, duck, chicken, seabass and crabcakes. We would choose it again. I didn't see the bill.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Even though it was a windy, rainy evening, the meal was well worth fighting the weather. We started with the Crab & Artichoke Phyllo Crisps and the seasonal crab soup. Our main course of salmon and scallops were equally phenomenal. An added bonus is the availability of a free limo to and from nearby hotels.

1  Thank BFR1920
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This restaurant had great atmosphere from the minute we walked in....warm, friendly, welcoming.
We had reservations for 8PM and even on a very crowded Saturday night, the host saw us to our table right at 8PM-that was a pleasant surprise. If you go, try and get a table along the upstairs balcony since its fun for people watching.
Our server reviewed all the specials carefully instead of rattling them off and really knew the menu as well as the wine. Since we were in Baltimore, we savored the seafood and it was worth it. Dinner service was slow though but we were impressed when our waiter returned with apologies and offered us a complimentary dessert. We didn't have to say a thing about the delayed service-he sized up the situation.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

I decided to try Kali's Court for dinner on Saturday evening, ready to give it a second chance after it dismally flunked in service when I planned my friend's special birthday there. I am sorry to say that I was disappointed once again. The service was just extroadinarily slow; we waited two hours to get our main courses. In addition, the food wasn't worth waiting all that time for. We ordered an appetizer of seafood and the portion size was skimpy for four. I had the boulliabase and my fish was overcooked. I have had the same dish at much less expensive restaurants where it was far superior. My husband had the lamb shank and that was quite good. The scallops and the bronzini seemed okay but they did not draw wows from my friends. All dinners are completely a la carte. All in all, not worth it in the price court. The ambience is lovely and the hosts did accommodate my request for seating on the balcony level. The waiter gave us coffee on the house due to the poor service, but didn't even bring the dessert menu I asked for. Dessert on the house would have been alot more appreciated and expected from a restaurant of this caliber. We managed to have a wonderful time because we were with fabulous friends, but I don't think Kali's will get a third try. I found the same faults as some of the tripadvisor reviews I had read. If you go, hope to dine there on one of their better days. For my experience, three stars was me being generous.

2  Thank sharongail