“Wonderful Food, service okay.”
Review of Kali's Court - CLOSED

Neighborhood: Fells Point
Cross street: Broadway & Thames
Alexandria, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful Food, service okay.”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

This is a beautiful restaurant with excellent food. Unfortunately, our service could have been better. Our waiter was polite, if aloof, toward us but what really got our attention was the obvious conflict he was having with the table next to us. To make things worse, another waiter confronted him about the situation right there on the floor. They were not shouting but it was clear what was happening. They were so engrossed in their conversation that they didn't notice my husband standing behind them, waiting to leave as they blocked the aisle. It was an awkward experience. For the price, I had hoped for better service.

Visited January 2013

Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
“Excellent for our anniversary”
Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

We took a recommendation about this restaurant from our hotel and were pleasantly surprised. A limo picked us up at our hotel, which is great because there is not a lot of parking in Fells Point. We arrived and were seated at a very romantic spot. Our waiter gave us the attention expected of an upscale restaurant. The food was amazing! Our waiter gave us a recommendation of another bar down the street for a good time. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking to celebrate a special occasion or just looking for an excellent dinner. The limo also picked us up later on after we had spent more time at bars down the street and returned us safely to our hotel. Would definitely recommend!

1 Thank GburgfoodieQ
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Bad service and overcooked fish”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Four of us went here on a Saturday night with a reservation. The waiter rushed us through our meal and asked us to order as soon as we sat down because "they were very busy". He kept pushing us to finish throughout the meal - called for valet before we even finished desert. It ruined our experience. In addition, the bronzini was overcooked and tasteless but we felt we could not send it back because of the poor service. We had heard good things about this restaurant but would never go back.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank A2freqtrav
Baltimore, Maryland
“High end dining in historic Fells Point”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

If you enjoy the freshest seafood, a great wine list and attentive service then this is the place for you. We like to bring our out of town friends here to show off the Best that Baltimore has to offer.

• Visited December 2012
Joppa
“Good food, awful service”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Last weekend, my husband and I went to Kali's Court to celebrate our birthdays. We had dined there a few years back and at the time, thought everything about the restaurant was phenomenal....clearly not the case this time around. We were seated in a romantic section of the restaurant, which allowed us to have quiet, intimate conversation. However, the service was a complete disappointment and put a damper on our evening. The bread was served cold and was returned to the kitchen to be reheated. I ordered the scallop entree, which also came out cold. The server was asked twice to reheat my entree. While the food tasted delicious once it was reheated, I was surprised at how absent the server was from our table. He hardly ever checked in with us and I had to asked him twice to refill my drink. What is more, he completely messed up our dessert order. My husband and I decided upon the cheesecake and creme brulee came out instead. We were so tired of asking the server to assist us that we opted to just eat the damn dessert. In the end, we spent over $100 for our meal and left extremely disappointed. One would think that a restaurant of this caliber would employ competent servers. I will not be going to Kali's Court again anytime soon.

• Visited September 2012