“bad rice good sushi”
Review of Matsuri Restaurant

Matsuri Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Matsuri Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #605 of 2,055 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Federal Hill
Reviewed April 22, 2012

I was looking for some good sushi and found this place as it was not too far from my hotel.
Ordered the sashimi love boat. The yellow tail was a bit dry but the white tuna was very tasty. The rice was sub-par and not that great but the chef was kind enough to exchange the mixed rice for pure sushi rice.

There are newer reviews for Matsuri Restaurant

Reviewed February 20, 2012

If you love sushi....this is the place to go. Parking is hard to fine but its worth the wait of finding somewhere to park. The hostess Stephanie is the best and greets you with a warm smile and the staff is wonderful.

Reviewed January 21, 2012

I can't find better sushi anywhere in Federal Hill. The restaurant's walls are a bit cluttered with Baltimore memorabilia, but the quality of the sushi and the price make this place a hit!

Reviewed May 17, 2010

I moved to Baltimore from DC nearly a year ago and love sushi. In the DC area, there were many excellent sushi restaurants. I have been to several in Baltimore (Chiu's, Geisha, Edo, and other smaller ones). Without a doubt Matsuri is the best one of them all. Edo is terrible by the way. My favorite roll at Matsuri is the Oriole Roll, the fish is always fresh and delicious. I've tried their chicken teriyaki which is also very good and every other roll I've tried here has been great.

Reviewed June 6, 2009

We've gotten sushi from here a few times as both eat-in and take out. The roll combos are a good value. The sushi isn't the best I've ever had, but its good for sure. The first time we got the tempura roll combo which came with mayo on it (menu didn't mention this from what I saw) which I was grossed out by. Everything else has been good though. Two people can get 3 rolls + miso soup for less than $30.