“Pricey but good”

Jimmy's Famous Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Jimmy's Famous Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #83 of 2,006 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Balti
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Dundalk Ave.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Pricey but good”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Parking lot was packed, good sign. Food was good, but a bit pricey. If you want crabs you have to tell the hostess in advance cause they'll sit you in a separate section. We wanted the buffet advertised on their website but were informed its now only offered for parties. Their menu is extensive with a lot of variety, including a lot of non-seafood variety. Everyone was pleased with their meals and with our service. Would recommend this place to a friend.

Visited July 2014

Baltimore, Maryland
“Poor service.”
Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

Maybe my mistake was going on crab night. Maybe not. Got right in and got a seat at the bar. Had been stuck in rush hour traffic so they were out of $2 crabs, but they still had $3. No problem. Got a cold beer right away. Awesome. Enjoyed our drinks until we realized an hour later that we never got our crab order! The people who arrived after us did, tho'. As you can expect, we were fairly upset. The bartender tried to make it better by hustling crabs out to us and breaking one of the muliple crab nite rules by letting us take them to go., but lacked warmth and clearly just wanted to get us out of there. No discount offered and a muttered apology. Sad.

1 Thank ChambordRose
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Happy Hour Disappointment”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

I used to come to Jimmys many years ago and loved the place. On this visit I was highly disappointed. I met a group of about 20 friends and family for happy hour and dinner, they arrived around 4:30 and I arrived around 6pm. The group had already ordered dinner and some happy hour drinks and food. The waitress finally got around to me about 6:40 and I ordered some drinks and food from the happy hour menu. I was told happy hour was over at 6:30 even though the menu says 7pm. When I asked her would they honor the 7pm time because it was not written she says NO this happens every day we've been waiting for new menus for about 4 months. Other people in the group asked for the manager and instead of coming to the table he says we have 10 minutes to order from the menu and this is the only time he will do this for us. As if this wasn't a disappointment then when someone asked for a carry out box for her food she was told she could not have a box to take out anything from the happy hour menu! What kind of foolishness is this? Waiting for 4 months for menus and they could not even put a sticker with the new time but don't want to honor the time? I will not be returning here again even though the crabcakes and cream of crab soup are some of the best in Maryland.

• Visited July 2014
5 Thank smoothamaretto
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great but a little complicated”
Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

Keep it simple! We orders the crab balls which were served with cocktail sauce. I used my MD Crab know how and scanned the menu before ordering and I noticed that they serve their crab cakes with a Creole mustard. Ask for this when when you order the crab balls!! Makes such a difference! We got the 'white wine' traditional mussels. They were very good but they have onions and tomatoes in the sauce. Just keep it simple next time!!! We were there on Lobster night!! Huge lobster with good flavor. Beware of complicated sides!! Greek green beans were tomatoes sauce on green beans, way to greasy. Broccoli had random dry seasoning sprinkled on it almost as an after thought. Caesar salad had tomatoes on it and ask for the dressing on the side!! The loaded baked potato was more of a twice baked potato. Cream of crab soup was excellent!!!

Beware: outrageous charges for beverages!! Between two of us, we spent $14 for iced teas.

Nj
“Great crabs”
Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

My family and friends were in Baltimore and three other places were too busy to seat us in a timely manner, so I whipped out my trusty trip advisor app and found Jimmy's.

We were seated quickly (10 of us) and the crabs were great. Very fresh. Service was very good. Parking was a bit tough, but there were other parties going on when we were there. All were happy and we will visit there again.