“Happy Hour Disappointment”

Jimmy's Famous Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Jimmy's Famous Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #83 of 2,006 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Balti
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Dundalk Ave.
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Happy Hour Disappointment”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

I used to come to Jimmys many years ago and loved the place. On this visit I was highly disappointed. I met a group of about 20 friends and family for happy hour and dinner, they arrived around 4:30 and I arrived around 6pm. The group had already ordered dinner and some happy hour drinks and food. The waitress finally got around to me about 6:40 and I ordered some drinks and food from the happy hour menu. I was told happy hour was over at 6:30 even though the menu says 7pm. When I asked her would they honor the 7pm time because it was not written she says NO this happens every day we've been waiting for new menus for about 4 months. Other people in the group asked for the manager and instead of coming to the table he says we have 10 minutes to order from the menu and this is the only time he will do this for us. As if this wasn't a disappointment then when someone asked for a carry out box for her food she was told she could not have a box to take out anything from the happy hour menu! What kind of foolishness is this? Waiting for 4 months for menus and they could not even put a sticker with the new time but don't want to honor the time? I will not be returning here again even though the crabcakes and cream of crab soup are some of the best in Maryland.

• Visited July 2014
5 Thank smoothamaretto

Baltimore, Maryland
“Great but a little complicated”
Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

Keep it simple! We orders the crab balls which were served with cocktail sauce. I used my MD Crab know how and scanned the menu before ordering and I noticed that they serve their crab cakes with a Creole mustard. Ask for this when when you order the crab balls!! Makes such a difference! We got the 'white wine' traditional mussels. They were very good but they have onions and tomatoes in the sauce. Just keep it simple next time!!! We were there on Lobster night!! Huge lobster with good flavor. Beware of complicated sides!! Greek green beans were tomatoes sauce on green beans, way to greasy. Broccoli had random dry seasoning sprinkled on it almost as an after thought. Caesar salad had tomatoes on it and ask for the dressing on the side!! The loaded baked potato was more of a twice baked potato. Cream of crab soup was excellent!!!

Beware: outrageous charges for beverages!! Between two of us, we spent $14 for iced teas.

Nj
“Great crabs”
Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

My family and friends were in Baltimore and three other places were too busy to seat us in a timely manner, so I whipped out my trusty trip advisor app and found Jimmy's.

We were seated quickly (10 of us) and the crabs were great. Very fresh. Service was very good. Parking was a bit tough, but there were other parties going on when we were there. All were happy and we will visit there again.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great Crab Cakes!”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

We were there on a Wednesday night, which is crab night. The service was excellent. Our meal special was Maryland crab soup, cole slaw, French fries, and an eight-ounce crab cake, all for $20, and all really tasty. I couldn't finish it all, but the crab cake was about the best we've ever had, and we've had a lot of it!

Visited May 2014
Bradenton, Fl
“Can't beat Md seafood”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Being a native Marylander and moving to FL some years ago has both advantages and disadvantages, namely the great seafood in MD.Was in Baltimore at Johns Hopkins Bayview for some tests and found Jimmy's Seafood from ad at hotel nearby. It was so good to enjoy Rock fish and real crab cakes with lump backfin like it should be, so good in fact that we went to Jimmy's 2 nights in a row to get our fill. Jimmy's crab cakes can't be beat for taste and quality. Freiendly manager and wait staff, will see us again on our next visit

• Visited May 2014