“You're gonna love the food”

Jimmy's Famous Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Jimmy's Famous Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #70 of 2,055 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: American, Greek, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Dundalk Ave.
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I stopped here for an early lunch before meeting friends for a Raven's game. Derek, Grant and the rest of the staff were really friendly. The service was great and only complimented by the food. I have the 1/2 dozen Blue Point Oysters and 1 dozen X-Large Blue crabs. All I can do is shake my head. The crabs were seasoned to perfection and I could not even eat them all in 2.5 hours as I watched ESPN and took my time.

If you're in Baltimore get down to Holabird and check this place out!! You will not be disappoited and bring you appetite and your wallet.

There are newer reviews for Jimmy's Famous Seafood

Reviewed September 16, 2012

BOTH TIMES I'VE DINE THERE GREAT FOOD AND SERVICE FOOD WAS ON POINT, both tmes we were there we got the same waitress and she was wonderful.The food came out on o anyonetime no complaints. On Valetine's Day they through in a bottle of champagne and the night was great I reccomend this place to anyone.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

i can't believe a restaurant with food this good has such bad service, my wife and i have gone there twice this month and both times the service was terrible, and by the way if you fall for the $25 gift coupon on line that cost $10 as a condition to accepting this they add the gratuity to the bill and don't tell you so you end up leaving two tips.....just what i needed after the bad service

1  Thank Sharon H
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We had a lovely meal at Jimmy's. The prices were very reasonable and every dish we had was terrific. The crab cakes far surpassed another local establishment that is suppose to be 'known' for theirs. The crab legs were cooked properly and were very tasty. The only disappointment was that the dessert menu was not current and they no longer offered several items listed. The decor was decent and the atmosphere was pleasant, as was our waitress.

Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

This restaurant participated in restaurant week..halfheartedly. I called ahead and made reservations for lunch, specifically noting that I wanted the lunch from the restaurant week menu. Chipper Ann on the other end of the phone happily took my reservation. Upon arrival we were seated with the restaurant week dinner menu. I pulled up the app on my phone and Hubs and I got our palates prepared to order. The waitress did not accept our order and left to confirm with management that they were not taking lunch orders this particular day. Hmmmmm... After she returned with bad news of course, I mentioned to her that we made reservations with specific requests for the lunch menu (which was very similar to the dinner menu btw, just significantly cheaper).Still we were met with rejection and had to reset our palates. I ended up with a yro..that's the sloppy version of a Gyro. G stands for greatness and that's what it needed to stay intact. For all that I couldve had a salad with chicken chunks.
Hubs and I tried the crabby Mac...Ehh. Hubs wasn't happy being a huge fan of Miss Shirleys crab Mac. Jimmy's dish was a dieters dream but a foodie nightmare. They skimmed on the crab meat...it came kinda like creme brûlée style but all the chunk sat on top of the Mac bed in the crusted cheese, not in the body and the body was composed of noodle. Plain ole noodle...
Hubs also had a grilled BBQ chicken sandwich. It lacked that smoked in BBQ flavor. Just picture a chicken breast with grill lines, unseasoned with a thin layer of BBQ sauce...yah, gross thought huh?

All in all, the bread basket was the best part. An odd number of bread so me and Hubs had to duel over the 3rd piece. He'll tell you he won but I let him win..hmmph!!

This is not a Dundalk gem...NEXxT!