“good crab house”
Review of Costa's Inn

Costa's Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Costa's Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #104 of 2,094 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: New Battle Grove Road
Transit: Various MTA stops within walking distance. Cab service available
Description: We hope that on your next afternoon or evening out, you will give us the opportunity to make your visit or event as enjoyable as possible. The entire family and staff of Costas Inn thank you for your continued support and look forward supplying the excellence and quality that you have come to expect.
Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

i try to eat at costas whenever i visit baltimore. on a recent trip the restaurant was surprisingly empty on a thursday evening - maybe 2 dozen people were there. usually it is a lively and fun baltimore crab house. perhaps we ate too early.

my daughter accompanied me. she enjoyed the cream of crab soup which is too pasty for me. she also had the lasagna which she said was good. i had a good caesar salad and had pre-ordered my crabs. they were large and very good. we were too full for dessert.

service was good. the 2 bus boys were especially attentive. a man greeted people at several tables. he did not acknowledge us or the table next to us, although he walked past us several times. not a look, not a smile, not a hello, not even a nod. We did feel dissed. but we like costas so much that we will return on a future trip. it usually is a terrific experience.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We joined friends for lunch here on Labor Day, because one of us had seen the Today Show with Kathie Lee Gifford, who was thrilled to eat their crab cakes once again. We later found out a family member living in Baltimore thinks they have the best crab cakes in the area. I must say both of them are right! All four of us had them, along with an order of cream of crab soup, and even the one among us who hasn't been a crab cake lover was won over. The menu is fairly large and varied, so I think one could find many dining options. The restaurant was casual, and our server was very nice.
The next time we're in Baltimore, we'll make sure to eat there again.

1  Thank Deanna H
Reviewed August 3, 2013

My wife and I had dinner there last night. She had the crab quesadilla. This she said was very good. They really boast of their crabs cakes, so I ordered the 8 oz. dinner made with Gulf crab meat - most Marylander's would agree, not as savory as Chesapeake (yet superior to Asian crab). It arrived over fried and rather mushy inside. Had no real flavor to speak of. The Old Bay shaker on the table helped out very little to bam-up the crab cake. The coleslaw had a strange flavor; was tasting it hours latter. The prices on the menu were rather high for the quality of the food, atmosphere and location. I am amazed on the volume of patrons who seem to worship this place. This was, I think the third time in many years we've been there. And still, mostly disappointing. I have FINALLY learned my lesson; last visit.

1  Thank JoeD7192EG
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I had the great pleasure of visiting with Nick at the Costas Inn located in the Dundalk area with some clients from Chicago last evening. I had the best dining experience I've had in years. The Costas Inn not only has the best crabs (dumped on your table - not your plate) and crab cakes found anywhere; a fantastic and enthusiastic wait staff; but it is simply a fun destination for everyone. Loved it and can't wait to go back!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Try the MD crab soup. It's outstanding. The broiled scallops are the best I have ever had. The staff is always helpful and friendly. We go there about once a month and the owners are gracious and welcoming.

Been to Costa's Inn? Share your experiences!