“Art museum and good food”
Review of Gertrude's

Gertrude's
Reserve with OpenTable
Gertrude's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 2,089 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: N. Charles St.
Reviewed November 15, 2013

My friend and I went here after visiting the art museum. We both ordered a cup of crab soup. The cup was very very small, and they did not serve with crackers, but the soup was good. I had a chicken salad sandwich that came with orzo and that was very good. For dessert I ordered the chocolate sampler... it was terrible. I strongly believe that a few of the items were frozen. One actually tasted of rotten shortening... and one was so so bitter. Only one item from the plate was edible. Their sodas and tea are pricey and there are no free refills.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

My wife and I went to Gertrude's on Lobster night. It was great! Awesome food; wonderful atmosphere; nice crowd.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Been in town for years, and always a pleaser. Gives the local flavors of the region a great stage. The place is known for its crabcake; they have the classic Gert's cake and often a special one for the week. This time, there was also a mini crab cakes appe on the menu. During the warm months, has a great patio for outdoor dining. Brunch is well known there, as is tea for the Euro set. The decor is a bit dated, and you'd expect the cuisine to be a bit more unique as it is in a museum, but the place is very good and gives the ingredients justice. I had the Gert crab cake...very well flavored. It is often considered one of the best in town, and I can see that. I perhaps like Faidley's more bc that one is about the lump crab. This one is seasoned perfectly. Chose hush puppies and collards as my sides. The hus puppies were crunchy outside and moist inside. The collards were done with apple juice and were a bit sweet; a nice change but I prefer the classic style. Wife had the perfectly cooked corvino on a delcious and large portion of asparagus risotto. A dash of salt rounded it out very well; but I hate when salt is not on the table. If you don't have salt, you had better not underseason.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

As always, today we had a lovely Sunday lunch. The food was delicious - I had the Tighlman Island eggs, he had the shrimp salad. There were, however, a few service issues that seemed to be just lack of attention to detail (which we rarely have seen here, expect not to see at the level restaurant this is, and attribute to the absence of John and John). Both of us ordered cream of crab soup, and Jack's arrived with no soup spoon, leaving him to eat with a tiny tea spoon. I traded spoons with him as I had only a cup of soup and, frankly, the tea spoon worked best for me...made me eat slower! Also, our drinks arrived after the soups...interesting. Also, it was interesting that a woman started sweeping the floor while we were still eating, kicking up dust that might have been left lying till the restaurant closed for 2 hours in 30 minutes.
All this being said, this is a quality spot, consistently delicious food, and consistently great service.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

You can rely on good food, good service and lovely atmosphere. A great place to dine outdoors and always nice to wonder the museum next door.