“Gertrude's”
Review of Gertrude's

Gertrude's
Reserve with OpenTable
Gertrude's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 2,078 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: N. Charles St.
Reviewed June 18, 2013

The charming and delicious restaurant in the Baltimore Museum of Art. Surprisingly large and varied menu. The drinks were excellent (Mimosa) and non-alcoholic rosemary lemon drink. Caesar salad was fine with home made dressing. Cream of crab soup was velvety and luxurious. Crabettes delicious. Desserts also wonderful. Highly recommended. Get a reservation. It's always full it seems!

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Get a reservation. Food is inexpensive and very good. Lots of choices. Excellent table service. Gertrude's is always great.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Best location, food, service for Sunday brunch or lunch! I was glad that I made reservation at 12:45pm that morning since when we arrived, the couple before us were told that the earliest available table was at 2pm. We sat outdoor with waterfall and nice sculpture garden view. The indoor had jazz live music playing. Either will be appealing. Food was delicious. Best MD crab soup. The chicken salad sandwich was also very delightful. My husband ordered the power house sandwich which came with fresh fruits and he said that it is the best he had as compared with two or three well-known restaurants. Will return again!

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Went there as part of a fundraiser. Most places just give 5 or 10 percent of proceeds, but Gertrude's is serious about helping the community. We not only enjoyed excellent food in a beautiful museum and sculpture garden atmosphere, but they donated a full 30% to help the cause I was supporting.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

While in town for a conference, my husband and I treated ourselves to a nice dinner at Gertrude's. I made reservations online for 5:45 through Opentable (and it was difficult to get a table, so definitely book online). Parking was $4. I started with their cocktail called Rosemary's Lady (their homemade rosemary lemon soda and vodka). It was tasty, but it barely had any alcohol at all. At $8.50 for a small glass, I would just order the soda which is a couple bucks and tastes the same. My husband ordered a cup of their crab bisque which was excellent. And it had a lot of crab meat. He then ordered the crabcake which came with two sides (he chose mashed potatoes and rosemary red potatoes).I ordered a turkey burger and added mushrooms (costs extra) and that came with homemade fries. Dessert was maybe one of the best I've ever had. My husband got their homemade coffee ice cream made from Zeke's coffee, which is sold at the Baltimore farmers market. Best coffee ice cream ever hands down! Really deep coffee flavor. I ordered the Gertrude's candy bar which is a crunchy hazelnut layer, topped with a caramel layer, and then a ganache. On the side you get some caramelized hazelnuts which tasted kinda like cracker jacks but gourmet. Just writing this makes me want some so bad. The dessert alone will make me come back.
That was the good, now for the bad. The waiter I had could have been the worst in my life. Possibly beating the waiter at Friendly's circa early 2000s, who told us he was on drugs. The restaurant isn't that big, and our waiter only had two other tables. We watched him with the other tables, and he was just as miserable with them, so at least I don't take it personally. He never once asked us if we needed anything or even cracked a smile. He, swear to God, cleared our entire table in total silence. Never said one word or smiled or anything. Completely ignored us all night. It took forever for him to come back after we finished our entrees. It was so strange. It was creepy the way he never said anything to us through a three course meal. I would recommend Gertrude's because of the food and hopefully you'll get a better waiter.