“Okay”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 8, 2014

We tried Michael's for restaurant night. Starters were raw oysters which were excellent. Tasted the cream of crab soup and it was very good too. Friends had the crab cake and soft shell crab and I probably should have...it was good...not the best...but definitely good. I had the prime rib --bigger does NOT mean better. It was huge...but tough. I asked for rare..it was so big that it was overcooked on the outside and raw on the inside. To me, au jus means the meat juices. Instead it was a very salty season sauce which I'm told is popular--but I didn't care for it at all. Excellent fresh bread and I had a wonderful baklava a la mode for dessert.

I must add that I sliced the steak this morning at home and had a good 10 ounces of lean meat which tastes very good and will make nice sandwiches but I was disappointed with it as a dinner serving. Therefore, I give it 3 stars for dinner, 4 stars if you count the prime rib sandwiches.

Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

We went with with a bunch of friends. Had a good Marlo and some of the thickest steaks ever. These are movie steaks! Large and delicious. Maryland crab cakes are movie quality too. Parking on the side and back is tight but free. When you first go in, you might think "yep family style '70's". But don't be fooled. The waitstaff are older professional courteous friendly knowledgable. We were able to take our time and enjoy ourselves. Tip was included on bills over $100.00 but I tipped more. The check was explained because Baltimore alcohol is taxed different than food. I tipped more than usual because it was that good. (Most checks are under the $100). There is a bar inside to utilize while you wait for everyone in your party to arrive.

3  Thank James V
Reviewed June 22, 2014

If you've read the reviews & looked at the prices you're probably like me & hesitant about going! Well, for Father's day we decided to go & I must say it was a well surprised visit!
Lets start by the ambiance...As a lot of reviews indicate the place is definitely in need of a make over, but it's NOT the worst that you could see.
I also saw a lot of negative reviews on service & slowness. We got there a little after 5 & where leaving by 645-700...I'd say that's good service. As we aren't ones to sit around idle once we've finished our meal. The staff was very friendly. All the waitresses coming by the table to play w/ my son & the waiters were on point as well making sure everything was out quick (food & beverages).
The food...I ordered a 22oz New York strip medium w/ crab imperial topping & my girlfriend ordered Maine Lobster. The strip I'd have just asked for more salt & pepper but it was very good & a large portion. The Maine Lobster was good, but slightly over cooked.
All in all for $75 for this type of meal it was FANTASTIC!
We are definitely going back to this establishment again!

1  Thank CowboyNBaltimore
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

The decor, yes, is very 70s. Large portions and great price on Thursday and Friday nights. While the place was busy, we had to wait an exceptionally long time to even receive our soups, let alone our entrees.

1  Thank Brittany P
Reviewed October 18, 2013

SUPER GREAT LOBSTER!!!! The 40oz Steak night is a challenge!!! Great value great quality great service!!!! Highly recomanded!! Crab cake appetizer a must!!!

1  Thank billythetrip