“Wow Ummm steak & crab cakes” 5 of 5 bubbles

Michael's Steak & Lobster HSE
Ranked #243 of 1,999 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar, Pub
Good for: Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Maryland Heights, Missouri
“Wow Ummm steak & crab cakes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

We went with with a bunch of friends. Had a good Marlo and some of the thickest steaks ever. These are movie steaks! Large and delicious. Maryland crab cakes are movie quality too. Parking on the side and back is tight but free. When you first go in, you might think "yep family style '70's". But don't be fooled. The waitstaff are older professional courteous friendly knowledgable. We were able to take our time and enjoy ourselves. Tip was included on bills over $100.00 but I tipped more. The check was explained because Baltimore alcohol is taxed different than food. I tipped more than usual because it was that good. (Most checks are under the $100). There is a bar inside to utilize while you wait for everyone in your party to arrive.

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank James V

Baltimore, Maryland
“Pleasantly surprised”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014

If you've read the reviews & looked at the prices you're probably like me & hesitant about going! Well, for Father's day we decided to go & I must say it was a well surprised visit!
Lets start by the ambiance...As a lot of reviews indicate the place is definitely in need of a make over, but it's NOT the worst that you could see.
I also saw a lot of negative reviews on service & slowness. We got there a little after 5 & where leaving by 645-700...I'd say that's good service. As we aren't ones to sit around idle once we've finished our meal. The staff was very friendly. All the waitresses coming by the table to play w/ my son & the waiters were on point as well making sure everything was out quick (food & beverages).
The food...I ordered a 22oz New York strip medium w/ crab imperial topping & my girlfriend ordered Maine Lobster. The strip I'd have just asked for more salt & pepper but it was very good & a large portion. The Maine Lobster was good, but slightly over cooked.
All in all for $75 for this type of meal it was FANTASTIC!
We are definitely going back to this establishment again!

• Visited June 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank CowboyNBaltimore
“Don't be in a rush...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

The decor, yes, is very 70s. Large portions and great price on Thursday and Friday nights. While the place was busy, we had to wait an exceptionally long time to even receive our soups, let alone our entrees.

1 Thank Brittany P
Sun City Center, Florida
“Great Restaurant!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

SUPER GREAT LOBSTER!!!! The 40oz Steak night is a challenge!!! Great value great quality great service!!!! Highly recomanded!! Crab cake appetizer a must!!!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank billythetrip
hydes
“Truely the best crab cakes in Baltimore.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

We have eaten there numerous times and have always been please. The crab cakes and huge and fabulous as are the steaks and any type of fish. The only time we have not been happy was one time when someone ordered a whole lobster- It was over cooked. The atmosphere is a little dated but I like it. It reminds me of going out to eat with my family as a child. The service is always very good. They are very nice to my kids and will make them "plain" fish. It is just a nice solid place.

• Visited August 2013