“Amazing service, great brunch”
Review of SoBo Cafe

SoBo Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
SoBo Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 2,025 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: We pride ourselves on preparing our from-scratch menu with fresh seasonal ingredients and a whole lot of flavor. Our cozy, intimate dining room is the perfect setting to enjoy a seasonal dish and a glass of carefully chosen wine or beer. A favorite among neighbors and visitors, we go out of our way to make everyone feel at home. Weather permitting; delight in dining al fresco at one of our outdoor tables. We serve lunch daily, brunch on Saturdays and Sundays, dinner seven days and “SoBo Hour” at the bar and outdoor tables Monday through Friday, 5 pm to 7 pm. We’re a short walk from the stadiums and the inner harbor. SoBo Cafe follows sustainable practices by composting food waste and by recycling glass, metal, plastic & paper products. We look forward to your next visit.
Baltimore
“Amazing service, great brunch”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I had an awesome experience at SoBo Cafe.

I've bookmarked this place for a while, but never had a chance to go until one of my friends randomly decided to call this place up, and secured a reservation for a large group of 10 for 30 minutes later. That's pretty clutch if you ask me.

We arrived and everything was set up. I feel bad because we told the staff that we now had an extra person and that we might have more people coming as well. They were happy to accommodate this, but our additional friends decided to back out in the end and the staff had to readjust.

Service was the highlight of my time at SoBo Cafe. It was impeccable. Our servers were extremely attentive, constantly checking in on us and refilling our drinks, and our orders were taken relatively quickly and served equally as quick.

I loved the brunch menu. It was sizable, including starters, salads, soups, entrees, and sandwiches. In additon, SoBo Cafe makes sure that each item on the menu is prepared extremely well. I had the privilege to try the big breakfast and the chicken pot pie. Both exceeded expectations. It was cool to see that fruit was included in each entree. Finally, I loved the complimentary zucchini raisin bread. It was absolutely amazing!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Tunaidi

Richmond, Virginia
“So good - love the owner Anna”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Had dinner both Friday and Saturday night, it was that good. Cute restaurant in federal hill between all of the bars. Anna, the owner, is adorable and greets all her guests with a smile. All the servers were friendly but Jim the bartender was my favorite. You can tell there are a lot of regulars who come in to see them. The food is a great and the prices very reasonable. Loved the scallops, lamb sausage and baked chicken (the basil gnocchi made that dish). The spinach pie and salmon hummus were delicious. All their food is made from scratch with the freshest ingredients....you can't leave without eating at least two of the desserts. Patrick, the pastry chef, makes a mean dessert. Between two dinners I tried the rhubarb pie, angel food cake, goat cheesecake AND the carrot cake. All were amazing! A must try when visiting Baltimore or dinner before bar hopping.

• Visited May 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
“Try this place out - you won't be disappointed!”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I have worked in Federal Hill for over 7 years, and I eat out for lunch 2-3 times every week. This week, I tried Sobo for the first time and ended up eating there three times in one week!

I like everything about this place. The space is very well decorated - warm, fresh and comfortable. The food is absolutely wonderful - I want to keep coming back just to try different things on the menu! They have beer on tap and a nice beer and wine selection as well as cocktails.

It's owned by a very nice sister duo and run by the family. Service is very nice, and I love supporting them. They change up the menu from lunch to dinner, and I want to come back to try dinner!

The most surprising thing to me is how uncrowded it is, which I think is due to the fact that a) it's slightly off Charles street and b) people haven't tried it since it has new management.

Try this place out - you won't be disappointed!

• Visited February 2013
Baltimore
“Delightful neighborhood restaurant experience.”
Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

From the minute you walk in, you feel at home. Comfortable decor with a nice local artist decor adds to the pleasant service. The food is house made and delicious. The chicken pot pie is amazing. This is a come back to place, high on your regular list.

1 Thank Mike28a
Verona, New Jersey
“Happy accident”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Three of us spent a recent weekend in Baltimore and on Sunday morning were looking for a brunch venue we read about. Lost our way a little bit while wandering around the Federal Hill neighborhood (incidentally, a neighborhood worth a visit if you haven't been there). We happened to see the Sobo cafe and liked the look of it, so we decided to eat there even after we found the restaurant we originally sought. The floor plan is open and the ambience soothing - wood floors, bright walls with original paintings on them. The service was was a little slow but very friendly, and the food was terrific. We shared a spinach pie that was delicious, and apple caramel pancakes that were crisp and buttery with a wonderful caramel sauce. My husband had shakshuka, a mildly spicy and unique dish that he loved, and my brother had their version of eggs Benedict, also good. My mushroom Swiss biscuit was great, a big flaky homemade biscuit with the perfect combination of eggs, cheese and mushrooms. The portions are hearty and we ordered way too much, but really enjoyed it all. I would definitely go back when I visit Baltimore again.

• Visited November 2012