“Try this place out - you won't be disappointed!”
Review of SoBo Cafe

SoBo Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
SoBo Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 2,078 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: We pride ourselves on preparing our from-scratch menu with fresh seasonal ingredients and a whole lot of flavor. Our cozy, intimate dining room is the perfect setting to enjoy a seasonal dish and a glass of carefully chosen wine or beer. A favorite among neighbors and visitors, we go out of our way to make everyone feel at home. Weather permitting; delight in dining al fresco at one of our outdoor tables. We serve lunch daily, brunch on Saturdays and Sundays, dinner seven days and “SoBo Hour” at the bar and outdoor tables Monday through Friday, 5 pm to 7 pm. We’re a short walk from the stadiums and the inner harbor. SoBo Cafe follows sustainable practices by composting food waste and by recycling glass, metal, plastic & paper products. We look forward to your next visit.
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I have worked in Federal Hill for over 7 years, and I eat out for lunch 2-3 times every week. This week, I tried Sobo for the first time and ended up eating there three times in one week!

I like everything about this place. The space is very well decorated - warm, fresh and comfortable. The food is absolutely wonderful - I want to keep coming back just to try different things on the menu! They have beer on tap and a nice beer and wine selection as well as cocktails.

It's owned by a very nice sister duo and run by the family. Service is very nice, and I love supporting them. They change up the menu from lunch to dinner, and I want to come back to try dinner!

The most surprising thing to me is how uncrowded it is, which I think is due to the fact that a) it's slightly off Charles street and b) people haven't tried it since it has new management.

Try this place out - you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

From the minute you walk in, you feel at home. Comfortable decor with a nice local artist decor adds to the pleasant service. The food is house made and delicious. The chicken pot pie is amazing. This is a come back to place, high on your regular list.

1  Thank Mike28a
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Three of us spent a recent weekend in Baltimore and on Sunday morning were looking for a brunch venue we read about. Lost our way a little bit while wandering around the Federal Hill neighborhood (incidentally, a neighborhood worth a visit if you haven't been there). We happened to see the Sobo cafe and liked the look of it, so we decided to eat there even after we found the restaurant we originally sought. The floor plan is open and the ambience soothing - wood floors, bright walls with original paintings on them. The service was was a little slow but very friendly, and the food was terrific. We shared a spinach pie that was delicious, and apple caramel pancakes that were crisp and buttery with a wonderful caramel sauce. My husband had shakshuka, a mildly spicy and unique dish that he loved, and my brother had their version of eggs Benedict, also good. My mushroom Swiss biscuit was great, a big flaky homemade biscuit with the perfect combination of eggs, cheese and mushrooms. The portions are hearty and we ordered way too much, but really enjoyed it all. I would definitely go back when I visit Baltimore again.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

So we went with some friends, who had been there with the previous owners. I thought my food was pretty good but others weren't so happy with their meals. I believe I had some kind of marinated pork with polenta, an apple salad and steamed veggies. I hear their menu changes so maybe we just were there on an off week. I thought it was a cute eclectic neighborhood restaurant. I would probably try it again. They also have art on the wall that can be purchased. We had no problem getting a table on a Saturday evening either.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

I was a little nervous about the ownership change, but the place has only gotten better. The service is extremely friendly. They remembered us the second and third and forth time we came back. We went back so many times because the food is really amazing. It's not fancy, but you are going to get a really delicious meal here for a reasonable price. I had the stuffed peppers as a vegetarian dish on a night during lent when I wasn't eating meat, but they were so good I got them again.

1  Thank lizkas