“Good for large groups”
Review of Holy Frijoles - CLOSED

Holy Frijoles
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I went here with a big group of friends who all arrived at different times on a Friday night, and given this situation the service was great! The fish tacos were some of the best I've ever had (nice crispy fish, a good amount of red cabbage and sauce), and the salsa was pretty good (the default is a little spicy - good for me, but maybe too much for others). Drinks were hit or miss - I liked the paloma but thought the cucumber margarita was pretty gross (and I usually like margaritas). Others in the group seemed to like the margaritas, though. Overall I was impressed with the restaurant's ability to handle orders and separate payments from such a large, disorganized group without a hitch!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

It's usually crowded and noisy and I don't care. Good food value and probably better places to eat what ever, but I like it there. Parking in the area can be a bit of a challenge, but hard to believe as it may be in Baltimore... it is a safe place to walk.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

This place was beyond filthy dirty. It was the kind of place that reminds you why bars keep lights very dim so you don't see how dirty it is in day light. I think the wait staff forgot they were working, they just wandered around instead of actually serving people. The food was nothing great but it was not bad. The experience was awful because you had to ask the servers for everything to the point you had to go get them while they were standing around talking. Funny thing is, when we went to pay the check , service was super fast!

Reviewed December 19, 2012

Sunday night, not crowded. I was seated in a small booth and there were 4 in my party. The table was stikcy and dirty. The dining room was dusty. The waiter came to get drink order, took more than 10 minutes to come back. My wife had coffee and I had to find him to get cream. Then he came back for the order. The food took forever maybe another half an hour. He did not come back. I went to find him again and got the check. The food was ok but not even that good. What a disappointment.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

First, the place is a dump. I don't mind dive bars, greasy spoons, etc., as long as they are relatively clean. This place is downright dirty. The bathroom had used paper towels overflowing from an outside type garbage can, on the floor, on the handicapped bar by the toilet, you name it. Filthy. The margaritas were the worst I have ever tasted. A nasty mix for the house margaritas so we tried one of their "speciaties", even worse. Salsa tasted like something out of a jar and the chips were stale. After waiting nearly an hour for enchiladas we were again disappointed. The wait staff, are indifferent, disheveled and don't even pretend to be interested. The "grunge" 1980s punk theme of the wait staff in their skin tight black nylon pants and chrome belts goes with the overall vibe. A lot of really great restaurants in this neighborhood, don't waste your time here.