“Impressed!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Ranked #94 of 1,999 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Market St
Description: Expect nothing less than an extraordinary meal and first-class service from one of the most outstanding prime steak houses in the world: Ruth's Chris Steak House. Among the most distinctive dining destinations in the area. At Ruth's Chris Steak House your service will always be first class-attentive but never fussy.
New York City, New York
“Impressed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

Had a great meal at Ruth's Chris. Great service with a smile. The staff, from the minute we walked in was pleasant and friendly. Outstanding selection and the food was prepared perfectly. Service was superb, and again, everyone had a smile and was pleasant. Recommend it highly...short walk and your in the heart of the Baltimore Inner Harbor. What more could you ask for. Go see for yourself.

Bronx, New York
“Just Okay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

I have patronized the Ruth Chris chain all over the country. I least enjoyed this one. I usually feel a little more pampered and catered to. This experience was just okay.There is valet parking for a fee.

Chandler, Arizona
“Okay... they deserve it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

This is a bit of a weird story but I have to give these guys kudos. I was in Baltimore for a Convention, the kind where you wear costumes. My British friends wanted to go here, very much liking the idea of steaks served in butter. We decided to stay in costume and see if they let us in, because of all the things listed on their dress code. I thought they'd be too stuffy to let us in, although we were wearing ball gowns. I also had a witch's hat. They did let us in, but requested I take off my hat. As I started to, the manager said it was okay for me to leave it on. We decided they were supremely cool for this in spite of a stuffy reputation and now I'm a fan where I was not before.

We ordered rib eyes and filets, along with salads and mushrooms and asparagus for sides. It was all more delicious than I thought it would be, and we ate ourselves stuffed. One of my friends wanted her steak 'blue' and wondered how they'd do it on such a hot plate, but lo and behold they apparently know what they're doing. Great wine selection and we were so full I had to settle for a liquid dessert, a Bailey's martini. Oh my my, that was a really terrific meal and I wanted to post here to show how much we appreciated them tolerating us. My British friends are also telling the story far and wide so we hope we can get them some addition business for being awesome.

1 Thank kclightman
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

The salad, the side dishes, and the dessert were very good BUT the main course filet mignon was a huge disappointment. For $39 one should expect only the finest piece of beef BUT we have had far better pieces from the grocery store. A little chewy and tasteless. Ruth Chris insists on serving their beef on a 500 degree plate which significantly over cooks the meat by the time it reaches your table and actually presents the patron with a very real risk of a serve burn. Our waitress showed us the burns she suffer that week!

The atmosphere and staff were very nice. This was our second time at this particular Ruth Chris and the experience was about the same. There are too many fine steak houses in the same immediate area so we will not be returning.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
San Diego, California
“Best team of servers ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

I have never seen such a well orchestrated service delivery by so many of the staff. Especially nice for all of us eating because the food was better than ever and the service was enjoyable. They beefed up their portions for steaks.

Visited July 2013