“This is the place for service, atmosphere and, of course, steak!”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Ranked #113 of 2,054 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Market St
Description: Expect nothing less than an extraordinary meal and first-class service from one of the most outstanding prime steak houses in the world: Ruth's Chris Steak House. Among the most distinctive dining destinations in the area. At Ruth's Chris Steak House your service will always be first class-attentive but never fussy.
Reviewed May 27, 2011

We decided to try the Water Street location after looking at some pictures of the facility. What a good decision! We were treated like royalty from the moment we were seated. The food and service were perfect. The lobster bisque and crab cocktail were exquisite. Out steaks were wonderful and the wine was perfect. The table side preparation of the bananas foster was a treat. Highly recommend!

1  Thank Elman1952
There are newer reviews for Ruth's Chris Steak House

Reviewed February 4, 2011

The service was wonderful, the wait staff very informative. The food was very good and the wine selection was good. We requested one cheaper wine and it was out of stock so they gave us the more expensive bottle for the same price. The atmosphere was very romantic. What we liked best was they didn't push us through and offered many infomative things thru the meal. We spent a couple hours enjoying our 45th. The evening was expensive but a very specialt occasion. The steak is delicious.

1  Thank BigMalPa
Reviewed December 27, 2010

We arrived and were parked in the lounge. They won't seat anyone until everyone is there. The only problem is the table was still two people short of what was made. The porterhouse ordered was a T bone. The fillet portion was very tiny. The steak was also very tough to cut. I would normally have sent it back but did not want to wait another 45 minutes. For $45 for the steak I would have expected something better. The waitress was very good and accommodating. I would not go back here again given the negatives.

Reviewed October 29, 2010

I have been to Ruth Chris in 5 different locations and this one if almost like it is not in the chain. Poor quality of food. I like the other locations, just would not go back to this one.

Reviewed July 9, 2010

I went with my husband and stepson. Husband's employer gave him a gift card -- great people! We were all in awe. Beautiful interior, scrumptious steaks. Service is skilled, gracious and everything we could ask for. Use valet parking... less exp. than garage a block away. My husband and I split the Porterhouse for 2, $79, but lots to take home. Incredible texture and flavor. We also got au gratin potatoes and sauteed onions, both great! My teenage stepson got ribeye and mashed potatoes. He said it was the best meal he'd ever had or probably will have. They also have a "seasonal classics" menu of 4 course dinners for $39 or $49 with several choices each. However, if you are a true steak enthusiast, go for the steak and maybe get one side dish. Onions are only $4 (most others run $7 - 9). 4 course dinners ideal if you want to try more things and maybe have fish instead of steak. If you have to limit dairy, be careful and tell your server. This was an awesome experience!

Been to Ruth's Chris Steak House? Share your experiences!