“Good food, good beer, fun atmosphere”
Review of Brewer's Art

Brewer's Art
Reserve with OpenTable
Brewer's Art is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #72 of 2,035 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: American, German
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Mount Vernon
Cross street: Chase
Transit: Light Rail: Cultural Center, 3 blocks west of us. Amtrak/MARC train: Penn Station, 5 blocks north of us. Bus stop(#3,11,61), Chase and Charles, 1/4 block south of us . Coming in 2010: Circulator Purple Line, Charles and Biddle, 1/2 block north of us.
Description: Opened in the historic and cultural neighborhood of Mt. Vernon in 1996. We are a brewery & restaurant dedicated to serving local and seasonal dishes, house-made pastas, and bar food classics with a twist. Home of Resurrection, Beazly, and Birdhouse Ales including many seasonal favorites such as Charm City Cherry, Zeke's Coffee Porter, GPT, and St. Festivus.
Baltimore, Maryland
“Good food, good beer, fun atmosphere”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

This is our favorite place. Very tastee food that does not leave you feeling like you ate a salt lick soaked in oil, like so many restaurants. The favor of the food itself comes out. The house beers are always great, never drink anything else.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Kbribow

Middletown, DE
“Not your average Microbrewery”
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Brewer's Art is located in the Mount Vernon section of Baltimore -- a few blocks from the Washington Monument. It is located in an old brick building. There are 2 separate dining areas, one casual and one upscale. Stopped in on a Wednesday evening about 6pm and the place was hopping. Bar area was full (not a large/long bar, but ther are also tables for drinking/eating), so we opted for the upscale dining room. Have never been here before, so wasn't sure what that meant when we told the hostess. Upscale dining area has "real" tablecloths, nice cutlery, and very attentive servers. Menu items were unique (a bit pricey -- see images of menu). We started with the mussel appetizer, and then we both had the venison entree. The venison was cooked perfectly. It was not a large piece of venison, but certainly enough to fill me up (no leftovers). The cauliflower was tasty, though a bit too salty (but, I don't use a lot of salt, so I tend to find this issue often -- you may not think the same). I did not get a home brewed beer, as I am not a big fan of belgium style beers. There was a fairly large bottle beer selection (again, a number of belgium style). If you are a beer lover, I'm sure you'd be able to find something you like. I enjoyed a Sinebrychoff Porter. Bottom line, I would return. If you are not interested in paying for an upscale meal, stick to the bar area (it was packed, so assume the food choices there were good as well).

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank MyTravels033
Leonardtown, MD
“Nice Find in Baltimnore Near Lyric Opera House”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

We had tickets to a show at the Lyric Opera House and wanted to dine close by within walking distance and so made reservations here, based on prior TripAdvisor reviews. We were seated immediately. Our server, Cory, was the best. Attentive, polite, conversational but not to the point of becoming our new best friend. We had questions about the building the restaurant was in and he provided us the history. It is a beautiful old historic home, a mansion really, converted into use for the restaurant. Much of the old charm and grandeur has been left intact, a lovely setting. We each ordered one of their home brewed beers, very good. After our orders were taken, bread and butter was served, and I love bread and this bread was perfect. Crusty and chewy. Appetizers were very good. We ordered the Wild Boar and Forest Mushroom Terrine and the Brussel Sprouts with Hazelnuts and Cranberries. Main courses were Braised Pork Cheeks with Baby Bratwurst and Yellow Split Peas and the Roasted Cobia Loin with Spaghetti Squash and Parsnip Puree. All very enjoyable. We ordered a wonderful bottle of French Merlot/Cabernet which we found very likable. Dessert ordered was the Chocolate Proletary Torte which was PERFECT, and also a Coconut Flan, which just was not. The only down point of the meal. Next time a show brings us back to Baltimore, we will return.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank LMJST
Atlanta, Georgia
“Worth a return.....”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Delicious food and exceptional service! Lucky locals get to enjoy Brewer's Art and visitors can only do so less frequently. Plan to dine here and not be disappointed!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank lovefoxnews
State College, Pennsylvania
“Good burgers, great beer”
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Quiet little bar and restaurant nestled back in the heart of Mount Vernon. I tried two of the home - made beers which were fantastic. It was also burger night which was a wonderful 8 oz burger, plenty of food for one. Atmosphere was on par for the location... Please try the beer! also, the shorter bar tender with glasses was the only person to greet me while I was waiting for my friend and offered me a drink after I sat for 15-20 minutes. He single handedly turned me into a returning customer. Please extend my thanks!

1 Thank psupatrick