“Very Good Greek Food”

Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We arrived around 4 PM on a Sunday afternoon. The restaurant was about 1/2 full with families and friends. The rotisserie was cooking lamb; however, the lamb was not ready until 5 PM. Of course we wanted some rotisserie lamb. So service was a little slow until we waited for the lamb to be ready.

Overall, we had a pleasant experience. By 5 PM, the restaurant was full with families and groups.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

This was my first meal at Ikaros at the new location. I am happy to report that the service and food are as good as in the past. I had calamari, my friend fried shrimp, both delicious. The veggies - green beans, rice, and broccoli were also good. The galaktoboureko I had for dessert was excellent.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Delicious Greek delicacies in a setting that takes you to the old country. Try the calamari. Highly recommend.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

I have been here twice after funerals of some Greek friends. It is a classic Greek place, can take a large crowd, but the food is just OK, a the wine is, of course Greek, so it is just OK. Have never gone on my own.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

My wife and I had always wanted to try Ikaros in East Baltimore's Greektown section. Ye Gods -- what a disappointment! I knew were were in for a Herculean labor when the server asked us if we were ready to order before we even had menus and silverware at the table (which needed the busboy to fix a wobbly leg). The flatware was all different styles -- a sure sign that someone was being careless and throwing out the utencils. I ordered a lamb dish and my wife had the stuffed zucchini squash. My dish was pretty good, but you'd have needed Jason and all his Argonauts to find more than a speck of ground beef in her entree. Perhaps it was an off night in the kitchen, but to quote Socrates: "Wisdom begins with wonder." I'm still wondering about the wisdom of plunking down my drachmas for this average Hellenic repast.