“"Plentiful and Tasty"”

Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 29, 2013

We decided to revisit Ikaros after reading a very favorable review by a local columnist who extolled the new location of this establishment and the availability of rotisserie-prepared food.

Upon arriving for our 7:00 PM reservation on a recent Saturday night, we found several parking spaces available less than one block away. To ensure fairly prompt seating, I would advise you to make an advance reservation online and bring a paper copy with you to hand to the hostess.

We found the entry way to be very crowded and busy. There is no place to sit while waiting. The adjoining bar area was packed. The lighting was cheerful and the staff friendly. The noise level was moderately high and exacerbated by a number of musicians who were performing pretty close to our table.

The lamb dish that I ordered was plentiful and tasty—albeit somewhat fatty. My friend enjoyed her shrimp and pasta. The cabernet was, “Okay but not great.” The prices were very reasonable. Midway through our meal, management decided to set up a nearby table for a party of six. They were seated almost on top of us, which detracted from the privacy and intimacy of the moment. We were, however, given a complimentary pastry-type dessert but aren’t sure exactly why.

All in all, I would recommend Ikaros to family and friends who might enjoy an ethnic meal in a pleasant and unpretentious environment. Be prepared for crowds on weekends and remember to follow my advice about advance reservations.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

On 1/23/13 myself and 3 friends want to ikaros. The service was horrible. Our food came out hardly warm and after we sent it back it came out only warm again. We received 1 cup of coffee and was not asked if we wanted more until the end of the meal. i called the next day and informed one of the owners, Mr. Xenos, and he said the he was sad to hear this. I will not be going back to Ikaros in the near future. But I will be trying other restaurants in the area as we love Greek food. Samo's here i come.

Konstantinos K, General Manager at Ikaros Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Ms G,

We take our business very seriously, therefore we take your complaint very seriously as well. It was a sad occurrence as you and the owner agreed upon on the telephone, but you were also invited back as our guest to rectify the situation. It is unfortunate you took this path, but we greatly appreciate your constructive criticism because it allows us to better ourselves.

We understands that you have high standards that have been met in other great Greek restaurants.

We thank you once again for visiting Ikaros.

-Ikaros Management

Reviewed January 26, 2013

I'm on a roll with picking delicious restaurants. My wife and I had another delectable evening and it's great that Ikaros is only 15 miles from my house. We went on a Saturday and they were a little busy but it's amazing how much patience courtesy and a smile will buy. The hostess was professional and courteous. We were seated within 15 minutes. Our waitress was no-nonsense and started speaking to us in Greek. She quickly learned that we were far from Greek and he did an excellent job pointing out what was what and recommending tasty meals. I had the octopus and rice. Mmmm. I was a little hesitant but she said that octopus is a traditional meal in Greece and I went for it. It was tender, not rubbery, and flavorful. it melded with the rice perfectly and the big slice of Feta Cheese, which sort of tasted like Queso Mennonito, added a new dimension to the meal. My wife had lamb and potatos. This lamb was roasted and our waitress took us to the roaster and they were very hospitable. My wife, who is not a meat eater, thoroughly enjoyed the lamb and I enjoyed picking a few pieces too. It was tender and flavorful. Like a good steak or ham, it needed no sauce. The ouzo was great. I had mine straight and my wife with ice. It was a little burny but I like it. It's a sipping drink that can and should last through the whole meal. My wife's had a nice sweet taste to it. There was even live music playing that enhanced the atmosphere. The meal starts with complimentary bread and olive oil, which is great on a busy Saturday night. The dessert was also very Greek, featuring honey and walnuts. If you're looking for an authentic Greek restaurant and meal then try Ikaros. We weren't disappointed and look forward to returning.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Never fails to please. These people are passionate about their Greek food. New location is airey and authentic Ikaros. Family run with special attention.

Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

The food here is very good and the waitress was very sweet. We has varying lamb dishes. The lamb is juicy and tender and the rice is cooked just right. The baklava is incredible. Also, try a glass of Greek red wine here. The only down side was the price point. Don't get me wrong, I will pay $80 for a good meal. I just am unsure that $30 for a shish kebab platter is relevant in Baltimore.