“Great little place”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
“Great little place”
Reviewed January 12, 2012

The food here is yummy, the staff is friendly and it's never crowded.

Baltimore, Maryland
“Great beer, greant service”
Reviewed January 9, 2012

Big Pete is the man, and the pulled pork is amazing.

Visited December 2011
“An unusual combination..”
Reviewed December 30, 2011

Loco Hombre is not your usual mexican/american food. Good but not great. Alonso's is an long loved local haunt with the best cheeseburger around. Both menus served in both (connected) restaurants. But why did they stop serving pizza? We love their pizza.

Baltimore, MD
“Best Burger in Baltimore To Date”
Reviewed December 26, 2011

My friend Charlie and I are in search of the best burger in Baltimore. So far, of all the places I have visited, Alonso's is the best in my opinion. It is THE standard to beat. I ordered a "pounder" cheese burger with lettuce and tomato, a little smaller than the 20 oz version I ordered some years ago, and it was very flavorable and juicy. Yet, unlike a certain well-known newer local franchised burger restaurant, it was not dripping with fat, which I really appreciated. We went for lunch and it was quiet and we had good service. Charlie and I will search some more, but it will be difficult to imagine a better burger than I had at Alonso's. Thanks!

• Visited April 2011
Chichen Itza, Mexico
“Dull food, bad service, loud place”
Reviewed December 10, 2011

We were seated in a location that the host explained he understood was very cold, the waitress had no knowledge of the food, the green salsa was bizarrely sweet, my burger was not cooked the way I ordered...basically anything you can think of went wrong. On top of all that, the food is quite boring and the people in the restaurant were noisy.

• Visited December 2011