“Excellent Italian”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Little Italy
Cross street: Stiles Street
Reviewed November 20, 2013

In the heart of Baltimore's Little Italy. I went with a friend who had dined there previously. We walked from our hotel at the Inner Harbor. Food was excellent, both in flavor and presentation. Prices reasonable. Will definitely go again next time I am in the area.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

I needed a small tasty dinner. A first appetizer try at the Fairfield Suites Tavern 101 was not satisfactory. I looked for a nearby alternative. Caesar's Den is a short (and safe) walk from the hotel into the Little Italy district. At 8 PM I was greeted and served as pleasantly and as quickly as anyone might hope. The traditional Caesar salad (not the plastic tasting standard Caesar dresing) and calamari fritti with excellent bread and butter were exactly what I was seeking, and the service was outstanding. I wish Caesar's Den would make a deal with Tavern 101, and help Tavern 101 turn its sidewalk tables and 1/2 of its sports bar tables into a little Italian bistro. This would save the Fairfield Hotel guests the trouble of leaving the hotel to get a decent restaurant dinner meal. (Tavern 101 is just fine for sports bar fare, but not quite up to what I hope to find in a hotel restaurant. It is what it is. It could be more.)

Reviewed August 31, 2013

We came back to little Italy and after walking around chose Caesars.
My wife's mussels were quite good and there were plenty of mussels in the plate. The bread with the meal was quite nice also. My lasagna was not too good. The spices seem to have been left off and the pasta was really overcooked; there was however an abundance of cheese if you like that. The desserts were also very pleasant. Overall the place is probably pretty good and it was pretty full for a week night which is why we chose it , just my lasagna was not up to par.
I might try it again because my wife had nice mussels on pasta so at least I know the place can make some nice dishes also. The prices were also on the very reasonable side and it is a more casual restaurant as befits the pricing.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Almost empty when we went in. We were afraid to eat the mussel appetizer. There are so many other great options in balti mores little Italy- don't waste your time and money here.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

The food is fantistic. The pasta is fresh, sauces to die for. The best italian soups ever... and I have been to Italy many ties. I highly recommend this resturant to everyone. They bend over backwards to make you happy.