“Best Greek lunch in Baltimore!”
Review of Samos Restaurant

Samos Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 2,195 Restaurants in Baltimore
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Have been to Samos more times than I can remember over the years. It is not a fancy place, just a comfortable, low key, neighborhood restaurant with unbelievable Greek food. The salads are delicious, topped by their homemade dressing. Keep in mind that the large Greek salad is huge....enough for several to share. The Neptune salad is a personal favorite, topped with grilled shrimp. Salads come with warm pita, so get a side of their tzatziki sauce to dip it in. This is the best tzatziki I have ever had....anywhere...and is my favorite part of the meal! Other wonderful dishes are the shrimp and feta pie, spanakopita, chicken souvlaki, and grilled veggies. The waitresses have worked there for years, and are always nice and very efficient. I appreciate the large cups for drinks, so that you don't have to keep looking for a refill. It gets super busy at lunch, so go early(1130ish), or you will be waiting quite some time. Fridays always seem to be the busiest. I believe they are closed on Sundays for a well deserved rest. If you want excellent Greek food, at a fair price, this is the place!

2  Thank InternationalSuz

Reviewed January 13, 2014

Restaurant is very clean and foods was tasty and prices are less than you think.

We visited there twice and enjoyed.

Thank you,hope to see you at 2014 too..

1  Thank Roger E
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Be prepared to wait on a weekend night, but sooo worth it. Also, bring your own wine, they'll open it for you and you can be enjoying it while you wait. Husband and I shared a combo platter with chicken and gyro meat. We also tried the triple sample spread, great idea. Baklava you have to make room for and Terrific coffee. Service and staff helpful. Patrons are returning neighbors and very friendly. Loved it all.

1  Thank Marcia M
Reviewed December 26, 2013

I was in Jamaica and met someone that recommended this place. She still works there after 20 yrs. even though she has another job because she just loves it there and I can see why. We had a wonderful, delicious meal in a family, neighborhood setting. We had a combo platter that had lamb, chicken, dolmades,roasted veggies, pita bread.The meat was tender and flavored just right. The shrimp feta pie was a nice start. Everything is fresh and authentically prepared. Dolmades were different than I had before, with rice, and was tasty.Nice atmosphere, local gem standard. Everyone knows everyone, expect us, we are from NOVA, but by the time we left, we felt at home. Make sure you bring cash or ATM card, no credit card machines.They also opened up a new chain restaurant Samos ISland Creek, which has different items and that is on the agenda to taste soon. We will be back.

1  Thank Helen-Cascades
Reviewed December 24, 2013

wonderful local restaurant in Greektown. Best grilled (yes not fried) octopodi I have ever had. Fantastic alvolemono. Good salads. However, no credit cards accepted and you must BYOB. Crowded so come early.