“Get the Crab Pizza!”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch
Neighborhood: Canton
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Located close to Patterson Park, you almost miss this store-front restaurant if you don't look closely. It is nicely decorated but definitely NOT FANCY. It is a locals type italian pizzeria. The pizza only come in two deep-dish styles -- 8" & 10". Their signature pizza is the Crab Pizza which comes ONLY in 10". They do have other items -- pasta, salads, sandwiches. We were stuffed, but it did look like they had some wonderful italian desserts, too. Reasonably priced.

Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

I used to live nearby, and decided to stop in on a recent visit back in the area. Matthew's hasn't changed much in the past 25 years, but something happened to the pizza. What used to taste fresh and different Wuthering fresh cheese and chunks of tomatoes now comes out overdone and almost burnt tasting. Crust was great as usual, but in all the years of eating here, this was the first time I was served a black pizza. Antipasto salad was very good, and enough for two.

Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

There's a reason they're always at the top. You can't beat their pizza, been around for decades. Graded parmesan is my favorite.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

My go-to when I am craving pizza. Fresh, unique, and delicious. The only thing that could improve my review would be if they delivered.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We went to Matthew's on a Tuesday at lunch. Very small place, but plenty of tables. We had two toddlers and they were very accommodating and even brought out some elephant ears for the boys to eat (which were delicious too by the way). We just had two pizzas, a mozzarella/meatball and my pick, the two cheese, mozzarella/grated parmesan. I really enjoyed the two cheese. Parm on a pizza is not what I normally think of, certainly not popular in Jersey, but it was really fantastic. Also, we took it home the next day to Jersey and it reheated great in the oven. Def. a can't miss if you are a pizza lover.