“Good experience”

Cuisines: American, Diner, Greek
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed June 25, 2014

I saw this restaurant on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives and wanted to go. So, my daughter and I went there yesterday. It is a little tiny diner but the food came quick and was delicious. We both ordered omlettes and were full for the remainder of the day. They are open 24 hours. I would definitely eat there again and would recommend it to anyone.

Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

I loved it. I ordered the Greek macaroni pasticho. I used to eat my Yiayia's all the time. I got a huge piece of pasticho. Also had the feta fries. Yummy. I would go back.

1  Thank Niki L
Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I went here with my parents and we all loved the food. Spinach pie, crab cakes, Greek salad, falafel, and baklava cheesecake were all incredibly delicious! It's a diner atmosphere that's a little small (as you would expect a diner in the city to be), but the awesome food is worth the trip.

Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

We had a wonderful time and a delicious meal at the Sip & Bite. Have the "DDD". The crab cake and spanakopita are tops. The service was excellent and friendly too. Check this place out.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

If you've never had a great Maryland crabcake before (Guy Fieri), sure the Sip & Bite version might seem OK. But for those of us who know better, this "crab patty" made without so much as a hint of backfin crabmeat, and all smushed down on the grill like it was a hamburger, features a ton of filler (to help it survive the hamburger making process) and bland washed-out flavors that would embarrass even the most rudimentary Baltimore crabcake truck.

This is a nice little Greek diner that ended up with a "famous" crabcake because Guy Fieri gave 'em publicity on national TV. The crabcake is to skip. Here's what's not to skip: Breakfast, breakfast and breakfast. Then the lamb, the sausage, the Greek salad. Anything with their tzatziki sauce. Not a fan of the spinach Sofia's Spanakopita, but the Artemis. Ahhh. Here's the deal. This is a Greek diner and guess what they're good at ... Greek!

Disappointed in the crabcake. Disappointed in Triple D. But the Biggest Loser on our trip today was the service. Or actually, the patrons who had to rely on that service.

So here's the deal. Wife and I sit down at the counter. Takes forever for someone to come and start us out. (OK, I get it ... they're busy.) (They're always busy.) Actually, we know what we're going to order, but most of all can you bring us a cup of coffee first, like right away? Oh sure hon, no problem, and she takes our order. Sweet. As it turns out, the diner is small enough and there's no back room, so we can see what our waitress is doing the whole time. She doesn't drop our order at the grill. She takes someone else's order, then chats with another table. Then takes another order, then refills the coffee at two different tables, THEN drops off our order. OK, but you have the coffee pot in your hand ... pour us a cup? NOPE. She goes and takes another order. Then refills a whole round of coffee at another table ... hoping, hoping ... Noooo. She puts back the pot and goes to chat with another table. She busses a table, chats with another, and then goes for the coffee pot. She shoots and misses AGAIN! No coffee for us. Chats with that table. Then chats with another. Delivers food, then goes for a cup--wait this has to be ours! No again it's not! I guess she forgot. I do the discreet finger in the air thing. No effect. I do the less discreet hand in the air. No luck. Arm in the air? Nope. She *does* like to chat with her friends ... I'll give her that. Finally the cook notices that I'm trying to get her attention and says something to her. She looks over. And goes to chat up another table. Takes another order. Refills another round of coffee. (Really, this is getting to be funny.) And FINALLY goes for a cup. (Could it be?) Grabs the coffee pot, fills someone else's cup, but she still has the empty in her hand. Pours a cup ... Maybe? Maybe? She's walking this way. YES, it's ours! A cup of coffee. Wow. You want cream and sugar with that? Oh. My. Goodness. No. ... Thanks. She brings it over anyway. Sigh. Oh look, those two dishes that the cooks just put out ... those look like ours. They're what we ordered anyway. She walks by 'em. Guess not. She takes another table's order. Chats up another table. Refills some coffees again. Walks by that food again. Ours? Guess not. Walks by it a third time and looks at the ticket this time. Doesn't pick it up. She's got to chat up another group, and bus another table. Apparently the fourth time is the Charm ... Yes it *IS* our food after all. Not especially hot anymore, but she brings it over. And as she's delivering it, she launches into a story about how the manager is working her to death. Her words. They put her on the schedule last night AND this morning. This is just horrible. Horrible, she says, horrible. THEN she goes into detail. Wow, thanks for sharing. I am *not* looking forward to asking her for a check.

Don't get me wrong ... I love a good dive with a sassy, even sarcastic wait staff. Gimme some of that New York City attitude with my corned beef and hash. But this ... stand in line to not get served. By someone who's spending all her time lollygagging in plain view of everyone? And then complains about her boss?

There are so many good places in Baltimore. This, however, was disappointing all around.

Hints? Oh man, order breakfast. Big portions and everyone is talking 'em up. Get the Greek. Especially the lamb and tzatziki . Parking? Park on the street nearby. A line out the door while it's raining? Not a problem--they have this huge covered walkway for the line to stay dry. But really. Skip the crabcake. And if a crabcake is why you're thinking about Sip & Bite, go someplace else. Go to Fells Point--it's walking distance--and every bar has a better crabcake than this crab hamburger. Or just go across the street to the Captain James in that looks-like-a-ship building. They make a very good crabcake. Oh ... and Guy Fieri? You have a great show and I love it to death. But this time ... et tu Fieri. Yer killin' me.

Hope this helps. Sorry it took so long to tell the story. Kind of like getting a cup of coffee. :-)

4  Thank 4allisons