“Good place to eat”

Cuisines: American, Diner, Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Tried this because of DDD. Definitely a dive. It had the appearance of an old Waffle House. The place is small, so we had to wait for a seat for quite a while. The prices were good, the food just okay.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Sought this place out specially to taste what the guy from food shows said was the best crab cake and spanakopita in B'more. Interior of the restaurant seemed a little run down, definitely a "Dive." I ordered the crab cake plate because the crab cake was not available a la carte. I was informed by the waitress that the price had gone up (making it a whopping $19 for lunch). I had come this far so I went ahead skeptically and ordered it. Minutes later I was informed there was no crab cake. Was disappointed (or relieved?) by now, and went for the spanakopita appetizer. It was not bad, but seemed under seasoned and day old. The sauce was nice, though. It was a good serving size and value at $6.50 They are open all night so if you needed late night carry out in B'more...

Reviewed July 9, 2013

My family and I enjoyed lunch here after hearing that Guy Fieri featured this restaurant on his "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives" program. We wanted to try the crab cakes, and they were very good. My husband and daughter both had them in sandwiches, and I had the crab cake eggs benedict (or "Eggs Chesapeake" as they call it). Very good and filling. Our waitress was a fun, diner-style waitress who liked giving my husband a hard time, which he gave right back to her! My teen-aged son ordered TWO entrees, and we still ended up with a bill around $50. for the four of us! Extremely reasonable!

1  Thank coltranemonet
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We got there in the nick of time before having to wait too long. A tradition in Baltimore and a fun place to look at the photos on the walls and read about the history. Enjoyed our meal and the camaraderie that exists.

Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Best Crabcake. Went two days in a row. Featured in diners, drive ins and dives FOR A REASON. Ask for Dina. Waitress that takes no [--], gives it and curses you in Greek. Lol.

1  Thank Roxy954