“A New Year's to Remember”

Charleston Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Charleston Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 2,026 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Little Italy
Cross street: Exeter Street (in the Thomson Prometric Building)
Transit: Next to Harbor East Marina, close to water taxi stops.
Chevy Chase, Maryland
“A New Year's to Remember”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

My girlfriend and I decided to spend New Year's Eve in Baltimore, have dinner and watch fireworks over the Inner Harbor and tour museums the next day. I had heard Charleston was an incredible restaurant but when I tried to reserve on a certain on-line reservation site was disappointed but not surprised that no reservations were available. I called the restaurant and was elated to find that the reason for the glitch on the site was that a special evening and menu was available for a set price per person. This included full bar service, exquisite champagne, a 6 (maybe it was 8) course menu with a fantastic wine with each dish and then viewing of the fireworks in front of this gorgeous restaurant. Well, what ensued was one of the best restaurant experiences of my life. The food (which is what Charleston is obviously all about) was incredible. Two menus were offered and of course I chose one and my girlfriend the other whereby we could taste this remarkable Chef Cindy Wolf's every dish. I have eaten at some of the very best American, French and other worldly restaurants around the world but nothing surpasses what is accomplished here at Charleston. Making things even better, the service was absolutely impeccable with our server more than happy to answer any questions about the food preparation and little intricacies of each course. I cannot give the restaurant a higher rating and only hope I can make this an annual rite of beginning a New Year

3 Thank cowhead3

Ellicott City, Maryland
“Once in a lifetime experience!”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

My husband & I ate at this restaurant for my 50th birthday. We had looked forward to it for weeks & were hoping our expectations weren't too high. We were afraid we would be disappointed. Little did we know we were in for one of the most amazing dining experiences we have ever had! We had a great corner table that felt very private. The service was impeccable. Attentive, but not obtrusive. The meal was perfectly paced. We were there for over 4 hours. We could hardly believe it when we looked at our watches on our way out. We opted for the 4 course meal with wine pairings. My husband & I both chose different things so we were able to taste a wide variety. Impossible to pick a favorite, but some highlights were the lobster soup, fried oysters, turbot & lamb medallions. The desserts were all delicious! We left the restaurant full, but not stuffed. Would recommend 4 courses unless you are a very big eater. Even though the portions are not big, they are more than sufficient. Also, the food is very rich & after 4 courses you really are satisfied. Food is expensive, but so worth it! What a treat! Hope we can come back to celebrate another occasion soon!

1 Thank Travellovers88
Parkton, MD
“Simply the Best!”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

My wife and I have been to Charleston's 3 times. Each time it has been amazing. When fine dining you are looking for great service and food. They provide both. I have tried many dishes here and without fail many of them give you that "wow" factor. We recently went to CityZen in DC. We had very high expectations as it is a higher rated restaurant (5 diamond). The only thing that meal told us is how amazing Charleston's really is. You must try this place if you have not already!!!!

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Zaglesjay
“It really is that good!”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Three friends and I went to dinner there this past Friday night, it was very good. The entrance to the restaurant is virtually impossible to find when it is dark out, the signs are monotone and you cannot read them up tile you are standing next to them. The interior is interesting because it looks like you have entered a private club without an reception area, but you are immediately greeted and your coat is taken. We were taken to a nicely sized room, goldilocks type - not too small and not too large, with possible views of the water for some guests. The room decor was very understated, not clever but pleasant. Our waiter was superb, he answered all questions and made sure everything was to our liking during the entire meal. We all decided to order 4 courses, because we were told the courses were small, they are but 4 courses plus dessert was really pushing it. I think I would go with 3 courses plus dessert next time. I started with the lobster bisque and if it wasn't the best I have ever tasted it was close to it. There were perfectly sized lumps of tender lobster in the center surrounded by a not overly thick bisque. Beyond delicious! My second course was smoked salmon with creme fraiche, very good. The third course was shrimp & grits, and I have eaten enough shrimp & grits to know a bad one from a good one and this was good, lots of bits of ham and large tender shrimp. The forth course was beef tenderloin and it really tasted more like a good marble piece of steak than a somewhat typically tasteless tenderloin. The dessert was a tiny pumpkin creme brûlée and a tiny wedge of chocolate ganache, both were superb! As we all rolled out of the restaurant we were almost glad to have spend $155 each including tip on our meals.

Dhahran, Ash Sharqiyah, Saudi Arabia
“Prepare for perfection”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

WE ate a 5 course meal with wine. All courses were small tasters however accumulatively filling. Awsome flavors and a fantastic menu; lobster soup with curry, baby arugula salad, calamari & house made pork sausage risotto, crispy grit cake, grilled Colorado lamb tenderloin, and a cheese plate.
Let me go back to the grit cakes, this is the most basic description, served in goats cheese sauce with oyster mushrooms reduced to sensational syrup on the tongue, this was my favorite course of the meal.
Our waitress for the evening was very informative about the food we were eating and the staff pampered us like VIPs.
An expensive night but one to remember for along time.

1 Thank Stephanie M