“Lovely dining experience”

Charleston Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Charleston Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 2,054 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Little Italy
Cross street: Exeter Street (in the Thomson Prometric Building)
Transit: Next to Harbor East Marina, close to water taxi stops.
Reviewed September 27, 2013

This was a perfect dining experience. I was a bit nervous about taking my 1-year-old to such a nice, high-end restaurant, but he's typically well-behaved and I didn't want to pass up the chance to visit Charleston again. I let the staff know we would require a high chair, and they were very willing to go across the street to get one from another restaurant. I also asked to be seated away from other diners so we wouldn't disturb anyone, and they were so kind to seat us in an area we had to ourselves for the majority of the meal. No one made me feel that my child was a nuisance, which happens often at restaurants (both high-and low-end).

The food was absolutely exquisite. I had the 4 course tasting menu, which was delectable in every way. The recommendations were spot-on, and the fish I had melted in my mouth. Perfection. My 1-year-old and I loved the lobster soup with curry, and though I can't remember everything I ate since I'm writing this review almost a year later, I do remember how delicious everything was and how much I enjoyed the experience of dining here. Can't wait to return!

There are newer reviews for Charleston Restaurant

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Charleston restaurant is a culinary delight! From the time the valet parking picks up your car until coffee and dessert you will experience the ultimate in atmosphere, service and food. Our guests enjoyed the wine pairing with each course of the meal. All the dishes were prepared with visual elegance. Turn your head, someone was there to answer your question and guide you through the wine list, pairings and entrées. We found this restaurant to be more than a culinary delight. Since we were celebrating our anniversary and created a lasting memorable experience! Depending upon your preferences for food and ambulance it ranks among the top five restaurants in Baltimore. Pricing is high. The value received is worth the investment!

Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Top notch restaurant. Some of the tastiest, freshest food I've ever had the opportunity to enjoy! I had the lobster bisque, buffalo, and crab cakes. Dessert comes as a standard course and I got the seasonal peach cobbler. Every dish was very well prepared and the fresh ingredients were evident with every bite.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Everything was great and the food was delicious. We were a group of 6 and we chose to have the chef's menu with pairing wine. That being said, the price paid for our lavish evening was extremely high. The bill was almost $250 per person on our party.

1  Thank crm79
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Charleston is a special occasion restaurant; we took our son there to celebrate his birthday. The experience was wonderful! We arrived late for our reservation and were frazzled from the bad traffic that had delayed us. The maitre d' graciously acknowledged our situation and set about making us feel relaxed and pampered. Excellent drinks, superb food, perfectly-paced service in a charming atmosphere. By the time the large check arrived at the end of the evening, we felt so mellow that it was a pleasure to add a well-deserved large gratuity. It was indeed a special evening for a special occasion.