“Awesome”

Charleston Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Charleston Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 2,238 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Little Italy
Cross street: Exeter Street (in the Thomson Prometric Building)
Transit: Next to Harbor East Marina, close to water taxi stops.
Description: Charleston is Chef Cindy Wolf's signature restaurant whose cuisine is rooted in French fundamentals and the Low Country cooking of South Carolina, engaging both regional and international influences. The restaurant offers an extensive prix fixe tasting menu from which guests choose between three and up to six courses. Service is experienced, informed, and intuitive. The extensive, award winning wine list is selected by Tony Foreman and was designed to complement Chef Wolf's cuisine.
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Everything about this place is special. The service is great from the valet to the bar tender and although a little lux and almost precious in its decor if you sit at the bar you can avoid the overly formal vibe of the dining room. (Think of it this way, if you are in the dining room you ought to be in love and have a lot to talk about.) I can't imagine going to Baltimore and not eating here.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

I love Cinghiale and I love Petit Louis so I thought I'd give this place a try since Tony Foreman is involved in the place--his wife is the chef. The food is terrible and the service was worse. Our five course meal was rushed (we were only there an hour). i felt like I had to keep swallowing my food quicker and quicker because our dishes were flying out of the kitchen. That didn't sit well with me; you expect to be at a restaurant like this for at least two hours enjoying each and every bite. And this happened after the hostess gave me and my friend a terrible look. What? Only because we aren't 30+ doesn't mean we can't enjoy good food and pay for it? Cause it couldn't have been the way we were dressed since we got dressed up for the place.

We later bumped into Tony Foreman at Pazo and told him about our experience and he bought each of us a glass of wine. So I guess that was nice but I am definitely not going there again. Waste of money is what it was.

5  Thank 101FoodLover
Reviewed July 29, 2013

With a fabulous approach to preparing fresh, locally sourced ingredients, this restaurant and its chef are the real deal on the Baltimore restaurant scene. If you are a foodie, do not miss this one!

1  Thank Mary P
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

I don't know how Chef Cynthia Wolf does it, but there is never a single slip, absolutely everything is to the highest and most spectacular standards. Every item is better than the one before. I've lived in New York, traveled the world, and have been fortunate to dine and some of the most highly acclaimed restaurants in the world. I have never found one that could compare to Charleston. It's a perfect dining experience from beginning to end. Plan on making an entire evening of it. You will come back again and again.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

This restaurant has a unique approach. It is based on the concept of the tasting menu. You are given the choice of selecting three to six courses, with or without wine pairings. You are then presented with a menu from which you make your individual choices. Our party each chose the four course with wine. EVERYTHING was fabulous. The dishes are small but adequate, designed to allow you to enjoy each of your selections. You are more than satisfied by the end of the meal. The Lobster Soup with Curry, the Shrimp with Grits and the Grilled Veal Tenderloin where a few of the standouts. This a beautiful restaurant with a professional, attentive staff. My compliments to Chef Wolf for her creativity.