“Outstanding food and service”

Charleston Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Charleston Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 2,078 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Little Italy
Cross street: Exeter Street (in the Thomson Prometric Building)
Transit: Next to Harbor East Marina, close to water taxi stops.
Reviewed August 5, 2011

Visited the Charleston for my sisters birthday and everything about this restaurant was top notch. Our server Len knew the menu extremely well and helped advise us on the plethora of menu items to choose from. The chairs at our table were very comfortable to relax and dine in.

I was served a wonderful little battered and fried squash flower as a snack after deciding on the 4 course menu with wine pairings. The fried oysters were fantastic followed by the best shrimp and grits I have ever had. The rock fish was perfectly cooked with a crispy preparation. My only mistake was ordering the Foie Gras...as I now believe this is just not a dish that I like. It was something I wanted to try and this seemed like the place to do it. The dish itself was beautiful and if you like Foie Gras, I would still recommend getting it here.

I really enjoyed the wines they paired with the food. Each seemed to be the perfect accompaniment to the dish with which it was served. The Blueberry Tart with Buttermilk Ice Cream put everything over the top. What a fantastic meal. It's expensive, but if you want awesome food and great service, you can find those here. Complimentary valet parking too. Will absolutely return.

Reviewed July 28, 2011

The food, the service, and the entire dining experience make any visit to the Charleston a memorable one. I have eaten here three times and have never been disappointed in any aspect of the meal.

Reviewed July 28, 2011

My husband and I went to Charleston for a belated birthday celebration and could not have been more pleased with our experience. We loved the variety and the whole ordering process - the flexibility to order a 3, 4, 5, or 6 course meal with portions just the right size. We had 8 different items between us and enjoyed every one. We loved several. The service was excellent - friendly, helpful and prompt but never overbearing, This is a great choice for a special occasion. We will be back.

Reviewed July 28, 2011

My husband and I dine frequently at Charleston Restaurant, as well as the other three Wolf/Foreman restaurants. Charleston is number two on the list, but only because of the more "restrained" atmosphere. The menu is out of this world good and I can honestly say that there is not one thing I have ever tried that has not been delicious. The waitstaff is very courteous and always goes out of their way to entertain even the most silly request. For example, one night, my husband decided that we definitely needed to wrap things up with a round of Putt-Putt golf! Our waiter overheard our conversation and, next thing we knew, he presented us with the two closest (and safest) options! That was very endearing. Also, Tony Foreman is usually around and checking on things and is a very charming man to visit with.

As far as portions go, they consider their menu to be a "tasting menu." Don't be fooled though! The portions look small, but are very rich! Also, no matter what you choose, it comes with a yummy dessert selection.

Reviewed July 24, 2011

We went to the bar for a few drinks after dinner at the other restaurant Pazo (best meal we had in 5 years). We were asking the bartender about Armagnac when the manager offered us a free tasting (worth $20). We talked with manager for a few minutes and then ordered dessert of creme brulee trio which was very tasty. They comp'ed that too. A very nice place with great/generous people.