“my favorite HH in Federal Hill”

Blue Agave Restaurante y Tequileria
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Agave Restaurante y Tequileria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #155 of 2,007 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Latin
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Federal Hill
Cross street: Cross Street
Transit: The FREE Charm City Circulator Purple Line runs from Penn Station to Federal Hill. Stop is right in front of restaurant. Route travels down St. Paul St - Light Street returning north up Charles Street.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“my favorite HH in Federal Hill”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

HH is great there. good drink specials on house margaritas, sangrias and Mexican beers. their tacos are great (pulled chicken, pork, steak, grilled fish, bean and avocado) come out fast and are only $1.75. $4 chips and guac, and if you're drinking their house made chips with 3 salsas get it done too. full menu is my favorite Mexican in the city. not just a taco counter/cantina. Lots of options for the non taco/burrito/enchilada lovers. nice outdoort seating, and you can sit there for HH on MON-TH. love all the wrestling masks on the wall and there is always wrestling on. That + tequila make it a fun time. can get a little cramped but after a shot or 3, who cares?

• Visited May 2013

Joppa, MD
“Join the Tequilla Club!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

Our daughter and son in law bought my husband a membership and first bottle of tequilla in BA's tequilla club. We had not been there until Father's Day 2012 when they gave him the gift. Now, when we go, we have a bottle waiting for us, we are only charged a small amount for the 'set ups' and can eat chips and fresh salsas and pico until we are happily full. We enjoy the happy hour specials and have tried a few of the entrees, and they were ok. I am not a fan of spicy, so my choices are limited and I do feel most things are over-priced. But, to be honest, we pretty much just go there for the drinks! They make the BEST Skinny Margarita EVER!!!! We try to go visit his bottle at least once a month, maybe more. By the way, he is now on his third bottle in the Club and have no intention of stopping now!

• Visited April 2013
Savannah, Georgia
“Great Family night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

Wow!! What a wonderful time we had here as a family. While it as a cold February evening it was warm and comfortable here. As a family we took up a lot of space but there was still room for several tables of other dinners and room at the upper level bar for a fraternity get together. this the kind of establishment that suites everyone from young to old and including the young at heart. The food and drink is very good, and the casual atmosphere made this an outstanding evening for all of us. Check this out, you will enjoy it!!!

• Visited January 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
“Worst Mexican Food and Service I've had in along time!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

My husband and I decided to give this restaurant a try because we were desperate for some good Mexican food. We were very disappointed and decided that the Blue Agave probably should not claim that they are serving Mexican food. Instead, what we got was some kind of white washed, watered down version of something approximating Mexican food. Even though there were only three parties in the restaurant at the time, the service was slow and ill tempered. I grew up in Texas and lived in California for seventeen years, so I know what the varieties of Mexican food taste like. This was not Texmex, or authentic Mexican food, or even the kind of good that you find in New Mexico, where I have vacationed many times. We will not be going to the Blue Agave again.

• Visited April 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great Mexican Food in Federal Hill”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

We went for lunch. Great menu with big selection. I had the best margarita I've had in quite a while. The chicken tacos were amazing. Service at lunch was a little slow - 90 minutes start to finish on a slow day.

Visited April 2013