“An Oasis in Federal Hill”

Blue Agave Restaurante y Tequileria
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Agave Restaurante y Tequileria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #127 of 2,079 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Federal Hill
Cross street: Cross Street
Transit: The FREE Charm City Circulator Purple Line runs from Penn Station to Federal Hill. Stop is right in front of restaurant. Route travels down St. Paul St - Light Street returning north up Charles Street.
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Was in Baltimore on New Year's Day and tried several places in Federal Hill, but all were too crowded and noisy. Had to leave 2 restaurants due to the noise. Blue Agave was perfect for us. Not too crowded and you could hear your dinner partners talk. The food was pretty typical for a Mexican restaurant - good and plenty of it. Wait staff was pleasant and efficient. Would recommend it to anyone.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

The top to bottom revamping of Blue Agave has made this quite the hot spot in Fed Hill. The rennovations, revamped menu (to include a new wine list), and new management really has made this an awesome spot for a good mexican meal or just a friendly and well equipped watering hole! Oh and they now have one of the BEST brunches in Fed Hill! It's definitley worth a visit!

1  Thank HotelHopper25
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I did enjoy my meal, nothing was wrong, not spectacular either, just good Mexican comfort food. I went here for the tequila and wow did it work out. They must have at least 100 kinds, a good way to sample brands I would have no way of trying anywhere else that I’ve been to yet. Their selection is better than anyplace I’ve visited in Mexico, and at very least here I did not have to worry that my head would be cut off.
Very easy place to spend some time and relax, good, pleasant service too….

Reviewed November 13, 2012

It was OK Mexican...I've had better...drinks were OK. We had a large party so maybe that affected the experience.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

I had been to Blue Agave in Feb 2012 and was really looking forward to it. They still served 3 salsas upon arrival (like the lime/cilantro salsa but the others were too bland) which I remembered from last time. I ordered mole enchiladas, but they came with very smoky BBQ sauce. I told the waitress who took them back to the kitchen. Chef said it was mole, so I ordered something else. I had OK green chile enchiladas. As I was leaving, the waitress came out with a sample of mole and apologized. She said that the restaurant had changed to new owners early summer and that it just wasn't the same. She was right. I will not be returning - a chef in a mexican restaurant who can't distinguish between mole and BBQ is not OK.