“All that it's cracked up to be”
Review of Joe Squared Pizza & Bar - CLOSED

Joe Squared Pizza & Bar
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

We had seen this restaurant on DDD and were passing Baltimore on a road trip so decided to make the stop. Amazing and well worth the detour! We got the clam and bacon pizza and the balsamic chicken pizza - both were awesome! The mushroom risotto is truly out of this world - we even debated ordering a 2nd order just to take home for later! The prices were a little steep but worth it. Large rum selection - we all ordered rum drinks but those weren't as worth the price at $12 a pop... Drinks were good but nothing overly special. We did also order the fried ravioli per all the rave reviews - it was good but the pizza and risotto were the true standouts. Also this area is fine during the day - lots of convenient parking garages and truly just a block from the harbor so do not be deterred by the location.

There are newer reviews for Joe Squared Pizza & Bar

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Picked this place based on good reviews and it was even better than anticipated. It was a pizza like no other I have had elsewhere. The crust is like a thin, slightly crispy flatbread with just the right amount of char on the edges. I loved the unique toppings offered. Cumin scented lamb pizza was superb as was the mushroom lovers. Atmosphere was a typical bar, service was quick and friendly. I thought the area was a bit sketchy at night (went on a Monday) - not very crowded with some questionable looking small groups of young men lurking about. I am quite comfortable in large cities but would not want to walk there alone at night.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Disclaimer: I went to this Joe Squared location on a Sunday for a late lunch. I have nothing to complain about. Maybe it's the timing. Maybe it was just a good day.

We were seated immediately, and service was spectacular throughout this meal. Our server gave us great recommendations, constantly checked in on us, and frequently refilled our drinks. Food came out very quickly as well.

This time, we got the Chicken, Corn and Apple Pizza, the Quattro Fromaggio Pizza, and the Coalhouse Pizza. The Chicken, Corn and Apple Pizza was pretty good. It sounds strange, but believe me, it tastes a lot better than it sounds. The risottos here are also pretty decent.

I'd break it down with food=3, service=5.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Pass through Charm City all the time on I-95, stopped to see what DD&D was raving about. Obviously not the service, the salads or the sandwiches. We had had pizza the night before so chose a salad and burger. The service was slooooowwwww. Asked about my burger (food service pattie), server said it takes longer in the oven instead of on the grill(!?) Server had placed my wife's steak salad in the cooler while waiting for my burger to get done. Go figure....Should have ordered the signature pizzas, they did look good.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

We heard about Joe Squared on the Food Network a few years ago. Finally, we found ourselves in Baltimore and we just had to have lunch here. We went there on a Sunday afternoon, it was very quiet and seating was plentiful. We ordered 3 small pizzas to share with friends. They were delicious. The server was very nice and helpful, attentive to all our needs. Great vegetarian and vegan options - we will definitely be eating here again!