“So good I almost don't want anyone to know”

Saturday Morning Cafe
Ranked #77 of 2,064 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Soups
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: We Specialize in Southern Scratch Cooking and we have a NO Alarm Clock Need Approach to Breakfast because WE SERVE BREAKFAST ALL DAY!! We are Fun, Family, Friendly. Also, we have a Great Kiddie Menu and Items like Chicken & Waffles, Shrimp & Grits, Baltimore Benedict, Seafood Omelette and More!
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Dropped in for a budget Sunday morning breakfast near my Inner Harbor hotel and was blown away by the friendliness of the staff and the quality of the food in a "hole in the wall" tucked away at the dead end of a side street. Sausage gravy and biscuit was neither too peppery, nor too fatty; and eggs over hard were just that, not over easy--ish or fried.

1  Thank David P

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

We went to this cafe on a Monday morning. The chef didn't prepare one of our meals as requested but they gladly sent the dish back to be corrected. The manager gave us 10% off our meal. The food was okay- I was expecting more. However, management is very nice and attentive.

Reviewed May 12, 2014

The breakfast we had at Saturday Morning Café rivaled that of the fancy breakfast and brunch places that populate the neighborhoods around convention centers in many cities and was much more economical. The proprietor is friendly, the food is excellent, and all it needs is more room to contain the crowd.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

On a recent business trip, I stopped in for breakfast at the Saturday Morning Cafe. I was blown away by the service! Everyone that was there working was super friendly and helpful. We were offered tips on what to do and see, given a local paper so we could check out what was going on for ourselves, and we had a nice meal. Our experience was so good, we went back a second time before leaving the city. There were a few different folks working the second time and they were all just as friendly! Service like that is hard to find in this day and age, and I really appreciated it. I'd go back just to have a peanut butter sandwich because they'd serve it up with such a smile.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

I had breakfast here with my nephews and we all enjoyed our meals!! We sat up at the bar and spoke with the woman behind the bar. She was very friendly & accomadating. My newphew had asked for chocolate milk even though it wasn't on the menu. The woman behind the bar whipped him some up and went out of our way to make sure we had everything we needed. I had the chicken and waffles which were good (I have had better in Detroit). One of my nephews had the breakfast special and loved it and the other had the shrimp and grits. He loved the shrimp and grits and I had a little envy over his breakfast. I thought this was a hidden gem and would come back here anytime that I'm in Baltimore.

1  Thank gobluegirl