“Beautiful Venue”

16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Beautiful Venue”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I have seen a few shows here. The venue is beautiful. They have great drink options. It's pricy but not more pricey then i'd expect. The always get people into the show very fast. I like seeing shows here.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“The Hall is average but the concert is great!”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

We drove all the way from different county to Baltimore County to attend Jackie Evancho's concert and booked a hotel for overnight. I was very pleased that my spouse didn't fall asleep during the performance of Jackie Evancho. She has amazing talents, such a matured flawless effortless performance from her but she still remains her as "normal" 13 years attitude. When she sings, she transforms herself to a professional soprano but when she speaks she sounds a 13 years old girl and very likable person. I put average rating here because my chair is not high enough, I was blocked by a tall person with my 5'3 ft height. I'd to tilt my head on the left to be in between of the other's head, in the end of the night, I'd a slight stiff neck. Anyway, back to Jackie Evancho, the sounds of her voice is better in "real" rather than on my CD or iTunes copy.

Bowie, Maryland
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Great venue”
Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

The hall is amazing and the acoustics are remarkable. The only down side is the lack of ushers to direct you to your seats.

Denver, Colorado
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“"Peter and the Wolf" was fun for all!”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I took my 5 year-old daughter to see the BSO's recent presentation of "Peter and the Wolf". It was a blast! And it was so much more than just "Peter and the Wolf". The orchestra kicked off the presentation with the finale of William Tell's Overture; they brought in a guest opera singer to sing the silliest folk song full of wacky animal noises that had my daughter (and me!) in stitches; and they played a song from "Swan Lake" - all before "Peter and the Wolf" began. The whole show lasted about 45 minutes and was just a treat for every audience member. To the extent he could, the conductor made the concert an interactive experience for the audience, and he clearly enjoyed playing for the kids. And, of course, the orchestra was wonderful and the hall was beautiful - modern and sleek but not stuffy or pretentious. I can't wait for the next concert! I'm so glad I happened to see the ad in the paper for this one.

Visited April 2013
maryland
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“BSO performance of Disney's Fantasia”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

An evening performance at the BSO was enlightening, simulating and the best opportunity to take children to appreciate the arts. Children rarely are considered to be the best of audience at a symphony performance. Normally the performance are stiff and stuffy.
This performance of the Disney's Fantasia was neither. The orchestra performed musical selections as the movie played on the screen. It was lively and moving.
Well worh the admission. Children clapped and some sang along. The conductor brought the performance alive. They kept you wanting more.
If it comes again, take your children. The acouctics were superb. The entire performance was worth a Friday night outing with family.

Visited April 2013