“I Second That: Best Thai Meal Ever!”
Review of My Thai

My Thai
Ranked #276 of 2,026 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Maryland
“I Second That: Best Thai Meal Ever!”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Based on the favorable reviews in TripAdvisor, we dined at My Thai prior to a performance by the Baltimore Symphony. It honestly was the best Thai meal that either of us had ever had! Everything was delicious. We split an appetizer of Shrimp Dumplings, followed by a salad of mixed greens. The salad was fresh and the ginger dressing really added to the flavor. I had an entree of Shrimp My Thai which includes shrimp, crab, chicken and vegetables in a special sauce. I don't know what the sauce was, but it was also delicious. My companion had a spicy "drunken noodle" which she also enjoyed. Dessert was a made to order dish of 10 small donuts sprinkled with chocolate and another special sauce. As I mentioned, everything was simply delicious. All this for only $54 total! Special kudos also to our server, Ron, who not only is an experienced server but he also has a great personality. Sometimes one doesn't want a server with personality but in this case, he complemented the meal perfectly.

Lastly, it was also nice that the meal did not make us feel bloated afterwards and it just made for a perfect evening of dinner and the BSO!

• Visited September 2013

Columbia, Maryland
“Best Thai food EVER”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I loved the pineapple fried rice. We also had the shrimp cakes and shrimp spring rolls for an appetizer. The mango with sticky rice was outstanding. The service was great as well as the atmosphere. Will be coming back in the next month.

• Visited September 2013
Maryland
“Above Average Thai Food”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I've never been to the old location but this new location is spot on. Very nice, clean, and modern looking. I've spent a couple of months in Thailand and I was surprised to see some very authentic Thai dishes on the menu that you normally don't see on Thai menus in the states. I decided to go classic Thai and get Panang Curry. It did not disappoint. Overall I'd say the food here is better than your average Thai restaurant.

The only strange thing was the reservation situation. When I called to make sure there were tables available the hostess asked if I had reservations. When I said no, she said no problem I will make you one right now. When we showed up there was more confusion about reservations despite the fact the restaurant wasn't crowded (it was a Thursday). It really seemed like people with reservations were sat in one room and those without were sat elsewhere. Didn't ruin the experience but was just strange.

• Visited August 2013
Baltimore
“Pleasant experience”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I'm impressed. I didn't know what to expect. I heard that the original My Thai in Mount Vernon was just average, but this newly reopened location had decent reviews.

Upon entering My Thai, I was stunned by the modern and contemporary Asian fusion decor. The venue is spacious and welcoming. There's also a mini lounge area too. Something I'll keep in the back of my mind.

I came with a group of 20 or so. Again, good thing My Thai is pretty spacious. Service was quick and accommodating. Food was awesome. I'm not sure if this is applies across the board, but for lunch at least, everyone entree order comes with a free crisy egg roll. Portions are relatively large. I became a big fan of the Shrimp My Thai, a lightly curried stuffed shrimp dish. The Pad Se-Ew was delicious as well and was made with fresh and succulent vegetables. The Beef Satay was a little underwhelming -- small, but good nonetheless. The Thai Iced Tea was one of the best I've had, but was miniature as I finished that in two seconds.

Overall, pleasant experience. Will have to come again.

Visited June 2013
washington d.c.
“Exciting flavors and innovative cuisine”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We loved the decor - tiger wood flooring, an immensely long bar, and well-spaced tables that allow for privacy, although noise levels are high. Drinks were OK although the Natty Boh draft beer was a steal at only $3.00. The crispy green beans appetizer was a knockout - tempura style beans with a spicy dipping sauce served piping hot and in generous quantity ($6). The Tom Ka Gai coconut soup was decent but not special, although it did have several large chunks of mushroom floating in it for variety. Woon sen soup with cellophane noodles and napa cabbage was awesome but way oversalted - I almost had to send it back except that it was really delicious. The summer rolls are a knockout - best we've ever had. For entrees, we had the Talay noodles ($15) with very fresh shrimp, mussels, scallops, and squid in an amazing hot sweet sauce and flat rice noodles. I was full by then but it was too delicious not to finish it! The pad pao tag with green peppercorns (a little bunch looking like mini grapes - never seen that before!) and assorted seafood in a hot chili sauce was very fresh tasting and hot - delicious ($15)! We were too full for desserts, of which there were maybe 5 on the menu - the usual ones (fried bananas, ice cream, coconut custard, stick rice with mango). The servers were charming and efficient although all our dishes seemed to arrive too closely spaced. And if there were one criticism I would make with regard to ambiance it would be that the noise level was way high. As for the food, please cut back on the salt or fish sauce - or both! .

• Visited July 2013