“Comfy seats”

Landmark's Harbor East Theater
Ranked #4 of 29 Fun & Games in Baltimore
Reviewed December 19, 2013

I will never visit at night again. The seats were so comfy that I fell asleep during the movie. Loved the fact that I could order my snacks and did not have to carry it to my seat in the dark. The server brought our food to us. I am not even sure how she knew it was our order but it was correct. There was parking in the garage next door and several restaurants on the same block. We were running a little late on the way in but on the way out I noticed they have a bar. Will take advantage of this next time.

There are newer reviews for Landmark's Harbor East Theater

Reviewed November 19, 2013

The location was very convenient for us as we were able to walk to it from our hotel in Fell's Point. We got 2 tickets ($14.50 each) to see "Gravity" in 3D on an evening in November. This was followed with a purchase of a $4 bottle of water. We didn't even notice the bar and passed right by it on our way in. It was only after we sat down in the theater and started seeing other moviegoers walk in with a glass of liquor in their hands did we realize they sold alcohol here. We were more interested in seeing our movie I guess.

The seats were comfortable, but the screen wasn't as big as we would have liked. The stadium seating was also more spread out to the sides instead of stacked with more rows towards the middle of the screen. There was hardly anyone at the theater the night we went which was odd to us and we felt like people were missing out. I guess nobody goes to the movies on a Thursday in Baltimore. In the end this was better for us because we had more room and no tall heads blocking our view. It was also nice that the armrests for the chairs can be pushed all the way up and out of your way so you and your companion can sit a bit closer to each other for a more romantic experience.

2  Thank NeoWasHere
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Like some other cities, Baltimore lacked a 1st run downtown movie theater since the AMC chain closed a multiplex at the Inner-Harbor several years back. A little more than (2) years ago the Landmark chain opened this movie theater in the Harbor East development, and focused on showing "art house" and "independent" movies.

Fast forward (2) short years, and this theater has morphed into a general 1st run movie theater.
This may explain why on a recent visit we found a number of broken seats and others fixed with duct tape. At least the color of the duct tape matches the seats.

Clearly this movie theater is filling a void, but it is a giant step down from what is was when it first opened. It is hardly representative of what most Landmark branded theaters are.

Ken

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We don't see many movies, this is our favorite theater since they have drinks as well. They offer discounts to the parking garages. We enjoy walking around the harbor before or after the movie.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Landmark Theatres is pretty legit.

Conveniently located in Harbor East, I'm surprised movie tickets sell at only $12. I would have expected it to be AT LEAST $15 given the upscale location, the cleanliness of the theaters, the nice screens, and best yet, the amazingly comfortable and perfectly cushioned seats.

Tack on Landmark Theatres for a complete date night in Harbor East. Hit up a fancy restaurant, take a stroll to digest or get some dessert at Haagen Dazs, and end with a flick that she likes.

The downside is parking. Haven't found the perfect spot yet, but you can get free 3 hour parking in Little Italy or pay for a 2-hour maximum street parking on Fleet St. It kind of sucks if you do the street parking since movies are usually longer than 2 hours. Go for a late night movie and you won't have to repark the car (meters end at 12 AM). I'm sure if you have the extra cash to spend, you can always take the car into a garage (like the one for Whole Foods).